Cash vs Wilander : 1986 R:16 and 1987 Q.Final Wimbledon Retro Lawn Tennis

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I really was hoping and looking to find their 1986 QF won by the australian in 4 magnificent sets of tennis but it ain't there.

This '87 re-match is nearly as good as, also no-commentary ! This was of course, the year Cash won the Big W in style, only losing one set in 7 superb matches (Guy FORGET R.16).
That year Wilander was finalist at the U.S. and French Opens but he would win 1988 Australian also against Cash.

UPDATE

Just found a french-TV copy of the '86 QF (in 4 parts). Wonderful grass-court tennis this was.

Last edited:
Reactions: tented and britbox

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Correction: That 1986 Cash vs Wilander was in fact a Round of 16 match-up, not quarterfinal as noted by the uploader and my comments. Cash was defeated in a quarterfinal to frenchman Henri Leconte, also in 4 sets. Leconte then lost to Boris in one semi-final.

Reactions: tented

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Correction: That 1986 Cash vs Wilander was in fact a Round of 16 match-up, not quarterfinal as noted by the uploader and my comments. Cash was defeated in a quarterfinal to frenchman Henri Leconte, also in 4 sets. Leconte then lost to Boris in one semi-final.
I changed the thread’s title.

Reactions: Vince Evert

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I changed the thread’s title.
thanks. Well the '87 match was the quarterfinal one. The '86 R.16, i should have remembered that :yesyes: I played the latter video yesterday evening (my tuesday) , wonderful throwback to serve-volley tennis and shot-making. Mats overhead backhand volley proved costly, Cash tested that wing, very wisely on the latter part of the three hour match.