3 KYRGIOS, Nick
4 RAONIC, Milos
5 MULLER, Gilles
6 SCHWARTZMAN, Diego
7 DZUMHUR, Damir
8 ZVEREV, Mischa

brisbane_tournimage_16_1920x1015.jpg

The Tournament:

The Brisbane International presented by Suncorp, held 1-8 January 2017, is located at the Queensland Tennis Centre in close proximity to the Brisbane CBD. The tournament has built a reputation for delivering world-class entertainment, both on and off the court.

About Brisbane

brisbane-sign-night.jpg

Brisbane is the third largest city in Australia (after Sydney and Melbourne) with a population of 2.3 million. It is the state capital of Queensland.

One of the oldest cities in Australia, Brisbane was founded upon the ancient homelands of the aboriginal Turrbal and Jagera people. The Central Business District is on the Brisbane River with the popular South Bank cultural precinct flanking the other side.

The South Bank area includes the Queensland Gallery of Modern Art, The Queensland Performing Arts Centre (QPAC), which is located at South Bank, consists of the Lyric Theatre, a Concert Hall, Cremorne Theatre and the Playhouse Theatre and is home to the Queensland Ballet, Opera Queensland, Queensland Theatre Company,

Brisbane hosted the 1982 Commonwealth Games and the 1988 World Expo. The two events laid the foundations that saw Brisbane transform from a regional country town into an international city.

Brisbane has a humid subtropical climate with hot, humid summers and dry warm winters.

Queens%20Wharf%20Brisbane%20River%20View.jpg

homes04-2.jpg

Cheap-Brisbane-Tours-02.jpg.jpg

Tourism Guide:

Last edited:
Reactions: Moxie

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
It is interesting to note that Grigor won the first and last tourney of last year.

Reactions: Moxie

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Is Brisbane the first tourney of the year? I thought Doha was first.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
There are 3 events played the same week, the first week of the year:
Doha
Brisbane
Pune (India) which replaced Chennai

Reactions: kskate2

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
So, if Murray pulls out, it will be after the draw is made, just like at USO.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Murray looked like utter dog shit against RBA.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
So, if Murray pulls out, it will be after the draw is made, just like at USO.

Don't worry, at some point someone will tell him that it is not politically correct to pull out after the draw, and then he might change his ways. Or prepare better the excuses...

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Don't worry, at some point someone will tell him that it is not politically correct to pull out after the draw, and then he might change his ways. Or prepare better the excuses...
I have to say, I'm with you...I'm still a bit shocked that he pulled out of the USO after the draw was out, even with his great draw. He should have at least said he was re-injured in practice, if only to make it more palatable.

Reactions: Fiero425

mcekovic

Jedi Tennis Data Scientist
Reactions

mrzz

Hater
Reactions

It seems artificial intelligence is still not smart enough to see that Murray might not even play his first match, let alone winning it. What surprised me the most is that he seemed to have regressed a lot from the EXO with Federer to his lone set against Bautista-Agut.

Anyway thanks for posting the forecast, mcekovic.

mcekovic

Jedi Tennis Data Scientist
Reactions
If Murray pulls out, the probabilities will change to reflect this, stay tuned!

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Hip injuries are bad news and, though I'm no fan of Murray, I hope his career isn't over. He really did look like a total load of crap against RBA. Guga's career was over once the hip injury set in chronically. Likewise, tennis elbow is bad, bad news and though I personally saw Djokovic's problems over the last 1.5 years or so as mostly mental, if he's currently out due to an elbow issue, it must be getting worse (or not getting any better which is almost as bad) given that 6 months off seems to have done essentially nothing. Leaving it get progressively worse, playing through matches probably pumped full of anti-inflammatories has most likely done him no favours and it may be hard to fix at this stage if it's become chronic.

Raonic btw has had hip surgery and has had leg issues petty much non stop since. The problem is the whole lower half is out of symmetry. I also think there's more to Tomic than just the he doesn't even bother to try half of the story. People are quick to forget he had bilateral hip surgery (at age 21 I believe which is insane) so he probably can't move properly at all rather than he doesn't try to.

Last edited:

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Results from the Brisbane International Men's Singles Round 1 matches on Sunday

Alex De Minaur (Australia) beat Steve Johnson (U.S.) 7-6(7) 6-4
Alexandr Dolgopolov (Ukraine) beat 6-Diego Schwartzman (Argentina) 6-4 7-6(3)

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I bet Sir Andy won't play AO...

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Andy withdraws from Brisbane due to hip issues. Now that tournament has already started, they will not be allowed to rebalance the draw. Draw can be rebalanced only if a player withdraws before the first ball is struck.