[Blog] French Open Final: Djokovic The Favorite But Don’t Rule Out Wawrinka

August

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Website
augustonsports.blogspot.com
[Blog] French Open Final: Djokovic The Favorite But Don’t Rule Out Wawrinka

My preview of tomorrows final:

http://www.tennisfrontier.com/blogs/august-on-tennis/french-open-final-djokovic-the-favorite-but-dont-rule-out-wawrinka/

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
RE: [Blog] French Open Final: Djokovic The Favorite But Don’t Rule Out Wawrinka

I think you sum up the situation very well! I do think Stan could be very dangerous. Could really be an amazing final tomorrow (although I vote for an easy 3 sets for Novak, even though I like Stan and his game). I wonder who will be flatter? I think we expected Stan to be mentally just happy to be there at the Aussie final and that was clearly not the case. My guess is your right that he will be mentally ready tomorrow. I do think he will have a lot of pressure though. He is trying to prove he more than just a one slam guy, but a instead a hall of fame player, low level sure, but a great.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca

Nice job. I think the match is on Nole's racket, but it is also on Stan's to make it very interesting. If we can get both of them to play to their potential (i hope), we can have an epic .

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions

All good points August. Thank you for this. :clap

I think we have a really clear picture of how things will go. Stan will come out firing requiring Novak to play alot of defense early on. If Stan can hold his serve and keep it close, Novak may get tight. He's playing w/ all the pressure as the #1 seed. Should be interesting...

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

You nailed it! If the final is anything like their past Grand Slam matches, we will have a great match to watch.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

Stan's first question after making it to the final was about how it felt to have a chance to equal Roger Federer's French Open title count...

His response,"Great, for the first question, put Roger in it."

Forever in the shadow of the Maestro. I'm sure he will be feeling some pressure tomorrow. If he can redline his game for three sets out of five he has a good chance.