I will start, with my partizan ones:

Nadal:

* 2008 Wimbledon Final d. Federer

* 2009 AO Final d. Federer

* 2013 RG SF d. Djokovic

* 2013 USO Final d. Djokovic

* 2020 RG Final d. Djokovic

* 2022 AO Final d. Medvedev

(I should say the 2008 RG final d. Federer, because it was an absolute demolition. But I may as well mention it before someone brings up Djokovic's beatdown of Rafa at the AO in 2019. At least Rafa won 7 games to Roger's 4. :lulz1: )
Great choices. I’ll add the 2019 USO final. Medvedev was fighting hard right to the end, and at the time I didn’t know if Rafa was going to outlast him that day.

The 2008 W final became an instant classic, deservedly so, but the 2022 AO final was one of Rafa’s greatest wins ever. And I remember practically shutting down the live chat after the 2nd set, I was so angry, lol! But credit to you for never once giving up on him that entire time.

• Love
Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
But, honestly, have you ever gone back and watched it? As in, all of it? It was historically long, but duration doesn’t automatically mean quality. If that were true, the Isner/Mahut match would be the greatest of all time, when in fact I’ve heard it has been used to great success to get terrorists to talk after forcing them to sit through the whole thing.

For Novak, I would pick the 2008 AO SF/F — he stopped Roger’s incredible run in major finals, before going on to win his maiden slam. I still remember the look on his face after championship point. Like @Federberg said, the first one is a given, but I still think this one is worth pointing out.

The 2019 W final would be another. Novak had saved MPs against Roger before, but this was a Wimbledon final. I remember telling the people I was watching it with that Novak was going to win, after Federer blew those 2 CPs.
I was live at that match at the AO final 2012 between Novak and Rafa, which took years off my life may I add, it became like a boxing match, both players towards the end were mentally and physically exhausted, I just wanted it to be over, like other fans around me, on a quality level, sad to say it wasn't.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I was live at that match at the AO final 2012 between Novak and Rafa, which took years off my life may I add, it became like a boxing match, both players towards the end were mentally and physically exhausted, I just wanted it to be over, like other fans around me, on a quality level, sad to say it wasn't.
It was the most painful match I have ever watched . Not because of the results but the pendulum swung so much so many times . The only thing I recall at this point is the mid court passing shot by Rafa's BH. It took me days to get the "fog" out of my head. I have the Rafa AO sweat jacket but rarely wears it .

Reactions: tented and Kieran

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I think there will NEVER be a collection of tennis IQ as these 3 possess. To have the abilities to problem solve, execute and use their imagination is almost like watching Mozart, Prince and Michael Jackson in a room recording music together at the same time. PRICELESS