Amazing records(or stats) in sports.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
What do you guys think are the most amazing records that will perhaps never be broken, or stats in the sport world that no one will come close to? Pick any sports you like. Obviously there are many.I will start with one that I think is almost impossible to achieve again: Oscar Robertson averaging a triple double in a season.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
1972Murat said:
What do you guys think are the most amazing records that will perhaps never be broken, or stats in the sport world that no one will come close to? Pick any sports you like. Obviously there are many.I will start with one that I think is almost impossible to achieve again: Oscar Robertson averaging a triple double in a season.

Excellent choice Murat. Even Lebron hasn't come that close to doing it and Jordan had one year of 32, 8, 8 which is incredible yet still far off.

Not a big baseball fan but Dimaggio's 56 game hit streak seems incredible. In the NFL it'd probably be some of Jerry Rice's records for receivers. Another one in NBA is 100 points in one game.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Dan Bradman's batting average of over 90 per innings in test cricket. I am sure
someone can post his exact batting average and second highest for the same record.
The second highest will probably be around 60 at the most.

Further, these days players play more test matches and so the average will
be less compared to old days. That is one of the reasons, it will stand.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
bradmans average is 99.94.

no one ever from his own era, from previous era , or from any future era has ever averaged more than the 60.97 of Graeme Pollock from a finished career of 20 or more test matches.

the claim that averages are less now because of more tests now has no basis in reality. it has no statistical evidence to back it up..it is totally not true.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Other Sports 1