Alec Baldwin loses the plot.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This made me laugh. There is some industrial language, so don't click if you are a sensitive soul.

http://m.guardian.co.uk/media/mediamonkeyblog/2013/jun/28/alec-baldwin-daily-mail-james-gandolfini?CMP=twt_fd

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah, he's a crazy man, no doubt about it. His missus is a chick, by the way, but he's a guy who needs the stage after anger management to make him tone it down enough to start anger management proper....

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Anger out of control (again), with a dash of homophobia -- great combination, Alec!

Johnsteinbeck

Major Winner
Reactions
^ he has the lousiest temper indeed. but i must say, when used with measure and care, he can bring some good stuff. The Departed, Glengarry Glen Ross - and of course 30 Rock ;)

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
johnsteinbeck said:
^ he has the lousiest temper indeed. but i must say, when used with measure and care, he can bring some good stuff. The Departed, Glengarry Glen Ross - and of course 30 Rock ;)

Exactly. His five minute turn in Glengarry Glen Ross still makes me laugh. He can be a fine actor, but he's a loon...

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Kieran said:
johnsteinbeck said:

Exactly. His five minute turn in Glengarry Glen Ross still makes me laugh. He can be a fine actor, but he's a loon...

He is a good actor, and got rehabilitated via 30 Rock, after too much looniness. He should remember that there are so many acts, after your second....

Johnsteinbeck

Major Winner
Reactions
nehmeth - it might be just me, but i get a feeling that you're not a fan of his ;)

btw, off topic: you remind me of Kevin Spacey saying that cinema and tv aren't where to look for the art of acting - that it's usually all in the director's hand, and the actor just goes out and does what he's told, whereas the true craft and art of acting is in theater, where the actor himself can create.

then again, he did say that in an interview promoting "Superman Returns" ;)

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
nehmeth said:
johnsteinbeck said:
nehmeth - it might be just me, but i get a feeling that you're not a fan of his ;)

btw, off topic: you remind me of Kevin Spacey saying that cinema and tv aren't where to look for the art of acting - that it's usually all in the director's hand, and the actor just goes out and does what he's told, whereas the true craft and art of acting is in theater, where the actor himself can create.

Stopped liking Alec when it came out he was abusing Kim Basinger.

That's an awful thing to say without attribution.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
nehmeth said:
Moxie629 said:
nehmeth said:
johnsteinbeck said:

Stopped liking Alec when it came out he was abusing Kim Basinger.

That's an awful thing to say without attribution.

Apologies mox. It was pretty common knowledge then. Since no one is ever completely innocent in a dispute, I chose this article as it covers both sides of the story.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news-article/baldwin.-basinger-divorce-to-get-ugly

Complicated relationship, indeed, and two very high-strung individuals. Thanks for the even-handed link. My point earlier is that it seems that Baldwin has made a serious attempt at rehabilitating himself and his reputation, as a person and as an actor. As an actor, he's done very well. But he does keep stepping on his own feet, occasionally, with social media, etc. Still, I think he's trying.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well, she kinda did:

She also stated that “most jokes” are about Jews, gay people, black people and “rednecks.”

In fairness, the link to the Baldwin rant was no longer accessible. I thought it was just standard-issue bile. Like any number of NBA players, Baldwin is going to have to make up for this one. The good news is, many NBA players seem actually to have changed their attitudes.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
^ I won't debate the ins and outs of the Baldwin-Basinger relationship, or his current life situation with you. That is for that Library of Congress of Gossip that is the grocery store to decide all that. ;)

However, I agree that he should see some comeuppance for his current rant, in the same way that NBA players, etc. have been told off and made to do better. Capital One should drop him., for example.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
nehmeth said:
"I would rather be called a c******ker by someone who supports LGBT equality than called a nicer name by someone who works against it."

Technically I agree, but it's a desperate attempt to justify ugly behavior.

"Alec Baldwin is a homophobic bigot. But unlike other homophobic bigots, Baldwin doesn't believe his bigotry should be given force of law."

Now that's just pitiful. It makes me want to remind Savage, "Alec Baldwin will never sleep with you."

nehmeth said:
msnbc suspends Baldwin's show Up Late. Baldwin apologizes.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/16/business/media/msnbc-suspends-baldwin-and-show.html

That's it. I give up. Alec Baldwin is dead to me.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
nehmeth said:
MSNBC fires Alec Baldwin.

:clap Good. I was hoping they would do the right thing. If he had used the "N" word, this wouldn't have taken so long, but obviously the "F" word is still semi-tolerated.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
I am not a fan of the guy, but every saturday while I drive home from work, between 6-7.30 ish, he hosts a radio show where he interviews really cool characters. He does a good job. The show is called This Explains Everything. Website has the past interviews.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
And.... Capital One did not renew their contract with him, but said it had nothing to do with his angry rants. :cover

http://www.vulture.com/2014/02/alec-baldwin-good-bye-public-life.html

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
nehmeth said:
And.... Capital One did not renew their contract with him, but said it had nothing to do with his angry rants. :cover

http://www.vulture.com/2014/02/alec-baldwin-good-bye-public-life.html

Kinda curious article, isn't it? Well written, but blaming everybody else. I laughed when I read the Shia LaBoeuf stuff. They tell him to learn his lines, he learns his lines. Turns up and Alec takes the p1$$ out of him. Strange Hollywood lives, though I think he's spot-on about the media. They fabricate things very readily and then hound famous people. But they didn't fabricate his tantrums.

Thanks for posting that!

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I thought it was a good article - the writer seemed content to let Baldwin rant and put it together from there. It's a different world they live in.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Vince Evert Music, TV, Cinema and The Arts 23