Adderall the new drug of choice for many major-leaguers

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Think your favourite player was just born with the concentration of a complete beast? There's a good chance it's from popping pills.

http://www.cbssports.com/general/writer/gregg-doyel/24706564/adderall-the-new-drug-of-choice-for-many-major-leaguers

"Yes, I've had athletes ask for Adderall," Dr. Stern says. "Yes. I have. In one case there was a considerable amount of money at stake, and I've had to tell them no. That's only happened two times. So not very frequent. But it has happened."
"It does provide you with energy that you wouldn't normally have."
"College students have used it for years to cram for tests, and you can easily transfer that perceived benefit to an athlete that has a grueling schedule. A baseball player is in one city for 2-3 days, then traveling to another city, maybe they're crossing time zones. There's a certain level of fatigue associated with that. The use of a product like Adderall can provide a stimulant effect that's perceived as contributing to energy and performance."

Getting caught isn't so easy, given how fast the drug moves through the system. Dr. Lustberg says Adderall works immediately and is out of the body within eight hours.

"It's a very good drug to take and not be caught," he says. "It's in and out of your system very quickly.

Also easily obtainable. And easily abused. Dr. Hussar says it's not uncommon for people who illegally obtain a prescription for Adderall to not stop at one. The drug snowballs, one pill leading to another. If a little more focus or energy is good, then a lot more is great. Right?

"They'll intentionally take multiple prescriptions to different pharmacies in an effort to avoid detection," he says. "There's a certain level of abuse out there that could easily go undetected, and it's not until somebody experiences a problem or somebody's given a drug test in which use -- or overuse -- is recognized."

Adderall is easy to get because there's no lab test to diagnose ADD. Basically it comes down to the player's word.

Player: Doc, I have trouble focusing.

Doctor: Where's your nearest Walgreens?

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
RE: General Doping/PEDs Discussion

Front242 said:
Think your favourite player was just born with the concentration of a complete beast? There's a good chance it's from popping pills.

There's an even better chance it's not.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Broken_Shoelace said:
Front242 said:

There's an even better chance it's not.

Doubt that very much personally but each to their own. If you've seen some of the bug eyed lunatics on tour I very much beg to differ.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
It's very obvious that Adderall isn't the drug of your choice when you are creating your posts.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
britbox Other Sports 27