ABBA: Blonde or Brunette?

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
One for the gents...

Who's your looker in ABBA? (ladies can join in, but the choices are a bit grim).

I always liked the blonde (Agnetha) in my younger days, but looking back, Anna-Frid smokes her (panther eyes, sex appeal). Any views?

Last edited:

jhar26

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Agnetha (the blonde). No contest. :heart:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah, the Blonde was always cutest for me... :heart:

jhar26

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
I must say that they were just about the most unhip or uncool looking band in history though. Especially in the early days and especially the two guys. I mean, I love 'em, they were one of the most high quality top 40 acts ever. Masterpiece pop, I really mean that. But that early look and image. What were they thinking? :lolz: Compared to them The Osmonds looked like the Rolling Stones! But who cares? I always had Agnetha to look at and pretended that the other three weren't there. :heart:

My top 10 Abba faves (in random order)

-Knowing Me, Knowing You
-The Day Before You Came
-Dancing Queen
-S.O.S.
-My Love, My Life
-The Winner Takes it All
-One of Us
-Chiquitita
-The Name of the Game
-Take a Chance on Me

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Ah they made magnificent music. If you offered me a choice between ABBA and the Rolling Stones, I'd take ABBA every single time. Seriously! None of that mid-Atlantic phoney posturing. Just great melodies, music that makes you want to sing.

And the Blonde! :heart:

jhar26

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Kieran said:
Ah they made magnificent music. If you offered me a choice between ABBA and the Rolling Stones, I'd take ABBA every single time. Seriously! None of that mid-Atlantic phoney posturing. Just great melodies, music that makes you want to sing.

And the Blonde! :heart:
It's a matter of melodies vs riffs. I love both. If ever there was an impossibly cool heart and soul rock'n'roll junkie it must be Keith Richards. He grows old on booze and drugs. Give him an apple and a glass of milk and he'll drop death. He's the man. ;)

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I agree with britbox and feel exactly as he does. My tastes have evolved since my adolescence.

M

mrscaradavid

I don't fancy either of the ladies but love ABBA's music. .

K

Kenneth

their music's good

:blush: the brunetteee

you should have started a poll to make it easier to count the statistics :p

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Ah BB, I missed this thread originally. I won't vote as this is mostly for guys...but....I was in a dancing group when I was a little girl and we danced to ABBA songs a lot.:D

I miss you starting interesting threads.:exclamation:

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Here Britbox, Get a load of this. A longer version of 'Summer Night City' with a different start. I was going to put this on my classic alternate versions and outtakes topic but to me, it's the same song but with a different start -

Last edited by a moderator:
N

Nekro

Anna-Frid is still the best.
This thread needs Emma,

if she doesn't get her account activated soon i'm gonna post her Murray-ABBA artwork..... B-)

come on Emma, here's BB, here's good old Nek, come out and play :p :D

oh, and don't be afraid of mugraysworld mugs, if they disturb you again i'm gonna fix them for good.....
My love my life is so cool, tbh it was Emma who reacquainted me with the song :dance1:

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This thread needs Emma,

if she doesn't get her account activated soon i'm gonna post her Murray-ABBA artwork..... B-)

come on Emma, here's BB, here's good old Nek, come out and play :p :D

oh, and don't be afraid of mugraysworld mugs, if they disturb you again i'm gonna fix them for good.....
My love my life is so cool, tbh it was Emma who reacquainted me with the song :dance1:

You probably scared her off on T4YU

N

Nekro

You probably scared her off on T4YU
man, she was trying to fool us all, it's ok if she wanted to stay anonymous but she was dropping false hints she met this and that everywhere including CD's site and it turned out all was lies and she met no one nowhere.... She didn't meet that indian falcon girl either..... and you saw what she did with the pictures? even Shankar, her long time friend said enough was enough and told her to post something to prove she's real.....

Anyway, it's clear she wants to stay unknown i don't think anybody will push her anymore and that "stalking" case is just ridiculous.... no one's gonna prosecute her for that, even with unlimited time and money no authority would go after her ass for basically nothing :p maybe if she did some jihadist bs they would bother to give a damn, but as you see they often let even those cases slide :p omg omg someone took a pic of me at a tennis tourney arrest her :lulz1::laugh::lol3:

lol as for that stalking case, those "cases" :lulz1: are everyday phenomena on fb..... there was a friend of Scott's for example who got bullied for posting some photos of some people from events and stuff, he just said if somebody doesn't like it they can unfriend him :p it's a joke really :p

Yeah, anyway, i don't think anybody here bears any grudge so it would be cool to have her back.....

BTW could we have Alex999 back too? as you said he's a tennis.com poster too :p i don't think he would really mess with anyone, and the mugs on mtf don't really like him.....

Yeah, i totally would let those 2 lovebirds alone, my courting times are over, lol you know i was doing that always for fun but everybody got pissed at me :spank2:Betty is still teasing me cause on mtf i told the hun admin chick Diana i was gonna marry her :lulz1:

yeah, i still believe in the oldie gettogether :D :D :p

anyway, here's my fav ABBA song, it is very unusual and cool for an ABBA song....

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Hey man, I thought she was entertaining albeit very sensitive... never had a beef with her, or Alex for that matter. Never been into grudges. Alex got clipped because he said he was going troll 24/7 so he got binned on Tennis Frontier in it's early days... but that's like 4 years ago? Natural reaction if somebody says they are going to going to trash a board is to get rid of them in advance.

Thought he was a good poster back in tennis.com days and tried to hold out a bit of an olive branch at the time but he wasn't interested. Clean slate here

Reactions: Nekro
N

Nekro

Hey man, I thought she was entertaining albeit very sensitive... never had a beef with her, or Alex for that matter. Never been into grudges. Alex got clipped because he said he was going troll 24/7 so he got binned on Tennis Frontier in it's early days... but that's like 4 years ago? Natural reaction if somebody says they are going to going to trash a board is to get rid of them in advance.

Thought he was a good poster back in tennis.com days and tried to hold out a bit of an olive branch at the time but he wasn't interested. Clean slate here
That's great, imo they're good posters too :dance3::dance2:

Angel Eyes is very cute too :D <3 :dance1: