2023 Wimbledon QF: Swiatek vs. Svitolina

Who will win this quarterfinal matchup, and in how many sets?

• Swiatek in 2 sets

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Swiatek in 3 sets

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Svitolina in 2 sets

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Svitolina in 3 sets

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
It's always a good day when Iga is shown the door.

PhiEaglesfan712

Masters Champion
Reactions
Maybe I’m guilty of succumbing to the recency effect, but I don’t remember Svitolina playing at this high a level.
2019 US Open, and Serena (at almost 38 years old) beat 3 & 1 in the semis. The fact that Iga is struggling against players like Bencic and Svitolina shows just how weak the competition is, when 2019 US Open Serena was still wiping the floor with these players.

• Haha
Reactions: kskate2 and tossip

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I think there are a lot of Ukrainians in that arena.. cheering for their doll.

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Great match with the right winner
1689090377797.png

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I also think the Elina's coach needs a lot of praise how he got Elina back to the form she has been in, especially having a baby, for a woman it is hard at times to get back your physical form pre-birth. I read they both talked for months before Elina came back on the tour, for a working plan, both physical and tactical and boy it has worked. Well done to Raemon Sluiter, Elina's coach

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I also think the Elina's coach needs a lot of praise how he got Elina back to the form she has been in, especially having a baby, for a woman it is hard at times to get back your physical form pre-birth. I read they both talked for months before Elina came back on the tour, for a working plan, both physical and tactical and boy it has worked. Well done to Raemon Sluiter, Elina's coach
I think they studied all the top players,and their next target is Saba.I think they have already studied her patterns.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Elina has made the QFs at RG and now the SFs at Wimbledon what a comeback tor the tour from Elina after having a baby

How bout showing sum luv for @kskate2 Keli , basically everything she said that Elina hadn't been capable of doing in big matches she finally is doing now.