Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cornet in 2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
This is the end of the road for the French Drama Queen. But because she is a queen, I'll give her a set. Banshee in 3

Reactions: Vince Evert

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This is the end of the road for the French Drama Queen. But because she is a queen, I'll give her a set. Banshee in 3
Now that's a good one - French drama queen :face-with-tears-of-joy: But i agree with tented and expecting Cornet will win it in a three setter.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Hey did they play the after match interview over there, with Cornet compliments to Jelena Dokic who's become a commentator and interviewer? It was quite emotional and would have meant a lot to Dokic , who's been getting hurtful social media feedback because of her obesity problem.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Hey did they play the after match interview over there, with Cornet compliments to Jelena Dokic who's become a commentator and interviewer? It was quite emotional and would have meant a lot to Dokic , who's been getting hurtful social media feedback because of her obesity problem.
They played some of her interview on the TTC, but I don't think they played all of it. I didn't see where Dokic got emotional.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
They played some of her interview on the TTC, but I don't think they played all of it. I didn't see where Dokic got emotional.
Cornet talked about how much she had wanted to play her, way back when, but she'd lost the round before, which was nice. But after Dokic wrapped it up, Cornet said she wanted to compliment her for her fantastic comeback from adversity, and how well she was doing, etc., and Dokic hugged her and I think they were both emotional. It was a lovely moment.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
For that, and for the Old Lady, I'm pulling for Cornet. Either way, I think it will go 3, and Collins is a great competitor, so we shall see.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
For that, and for the Old Lady, I'm pulling for Cornet. Either way, I think it will go 3, and Collins is a great competitor, so we shall see.
yeah she would be the sentimental favourite.

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Once again, ESPN not starting their broadcast for this match. SMH

• Angry
Reactions: AnonymousFan

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
The Banshee is wreaking havoc w/ the French Drama Queen's 2nd serve. She's up 7-5 3-0 and looking for another break of serve

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Do you have an email address we can complain to?
I honestly don't think the one-to-one complaint is the answer, but you can go to ESPN.com and go to "contact us." They'll just ignore you. I think this has to be taken to social media, which it already has been. @tented suggested complaining to them on FB, which I have done. And I also just posted on FB, and I think you and I are friends , so you can see that. Seeing what goes on with Twitter and reposting stuff is also an idea. I think they are getting a great slagging on social media and amongst commentators, but if this is a trend, it should NOT continue. It's a blatant attempt to get $8/month out of tennis fans, by the bean counters. And it IS insulting. We are a sports community, and ESPN is blowing us off. Last night, at 3am in the US, ESPN cut off broadcast to show women's UFC, or whatever. Instead of Ash Barty, #1 women's tennis player in the world, playing in her home slam, this is what they preempted it for, and It was a rerun!

GettyImages-1342594270.jpg

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I honestly don't think the one-to-one complaint is the answer, but you can go to ESPN.com and go to "contact us." They'll just ignore you. I think this has to be taken to social media, which it already has been. @tented suggested complaining to them on FB, which I have done. And I also just posted on FB, and I think you and I are friends , so you can see that. Seeing what goes on with Twitter and reposting stuff is also an idea. I think they are getting a great slagging on social media and amongst commentators, but if this is a trend, it should NOT continue. It's a blatant attempt to get $8/month out of tennis fans, by the bean counters. And it IS insulting. We are a sports community, and ESPN is blowing us off. Last night, at 3am in the US, ESPN cut off broadcast to show women's UFC, or whatever. Instead of Ash Barty, #1 women's tennis player in the world, playing in her home slam, this is what they preempted it for, and It was a rerun!

View attachment 6092
It's definitely a diss heard clearly around the country. In the past they would let TTC show matches until 8 or 9 and then they would take over for the rest of the night. They're not doing any of that this year.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It's definitely a diss heard clearly around the country. In the past they would let TTC show matches until 8 or 9 and then they would take over for the rest of the night. They're not doing any of that this year.
Exactly. There has been a lot of "sharing" matches between two networks. (Let's face it, the first week, there is a lot of tennis to get through.) But this blacking it out for most of us over many matches is something I have never seen. If we don't complain, they will just keep putting us behind pay walls. As much as I have been tempted to "cut the cable," I haven't, for my TC. This scandal is telling me that I should, and just pay for the apps on my smart TV, which is pretty fecking smart.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Exactly. There has been a lot of "sharing" matches between two networks. (Let's face it, the first week, there is a lot of tennis to get through.) But this blacking it out for most of us over many matches is something I have never seen. If we don't complain, they will just keep putting us behind pay walls. As much as I have been tempted to "cut the cable," I haven't, for my TC. This scandal is telling me that I should, and just pay for the apps on my smart TV, which is pretty fecking smart.
A lot of people pulled the cable TV plug years ago in lieu of streaming apps. It's a whole lot friendlier on the wallet.