• Poll closed .

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I hope Simona hangs on. She is the more aggressive of the two

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Finally................Halep 61 1st set.................goes to get strong black coffee

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Halep with 2BPs she breaks,actually Elina was playing better early in this 2nd set
Halep serving 4-3
Halep consolidates the break and leads 5-3 2nd set

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Halep with 2 Match points as Elina's drive volley misses the court by miles

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Help me...............Halep commits an error at the net

1 MP left

FHand winner from Halep she wins 61 63 and her first Wimbledon Final!

Reactions: britbox

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
That's a job well done. Congrats to her and good luck in the final. To be honest I would much rather have seen her play Muchova, but it wasn't meant to be.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
That's a job well done. Congrats to her and good luck in the final. To be honest I would much rather have seen her play Muchova, but it wasn't meant to be.

I picked Muchova in that match,though I think her match with Pliskova took its toll on her when she played Elina.

Reactions: kskate2

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Watching them at the net is almost as painful as watching Shaq at the free throw line. Hopefully you know what that is, if not let me find you a visual reference.

Hahaha yeah Shaq was clueless with free throws. It's like me and a make up. I have no clue. My wife always laughs at me how I don't know the difference between the thing you do the eyebrows with and the one you do the eyelashes :lol6:

Reactions: kskate2

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Hahaha yeah Shaq was clueless with free throws. It's like me and a make up. I have no clue. My wife always laughs at me how I don't know the difference between the thing you do the eyebrows with and the one you do the eyelashes :lol6:
The difference here is unless you wear makeup, I don't expect you to know the difference. An NBA player should have a better FT technique just like a tennis player should have a decent volley. No one is expecting players to volley like Martina or Mac, but what we saw earlier in this match was horrendous.

Reactions: don_fabio

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The difference here is unless you wear makeup, I don't expect you to know the difference. An NBA player should have a better FT technique just like a tennis player should have a decent volley. No one is expecting players to volley like Martina or Mac, but what we saw earlier in this match was horrendous.

Agree with you, players should know how to execute all the shots and use it well if they need it. I am sometimes frustrated to see women doing endless rallies like it's the only way to play tennis and when they do come to the net it's like they don't even want to be there. Maybe I should try make up to chill out :-)2