Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm just here for the TB's

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I know no one wanted a thread for this match, but hey trees need love too. :D

Big John leads the series 3-1 with all their matches played on HC.

Reactions: britbox

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I am really worried these two will be unable to break each other and it gets to a fifth set.

If they schedule this match before and on the same court as Novak's match, I will sue the tournament director.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
2018 Wimbledon Championships: Day 9, July 11 - Order of Play
ef6esP0.png

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Big John is currently on form and with full confidence after his recent Masters title in Miami. Big John is happily married. Big John is healthy.

Milos is coming back from injury and is probably not firing on full cylinders. Even McDonald was able to steal a set from Milos. John should be able to steal three.

John in 4 (as I don't want this to go to fifth).

If this goes to fifth, Wimby finals may need to be postponed.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I know no one wanted a thread for this match, but hey trees need love too. :D

Big John leads the series 3-1 with all their matches played on HC.
Thanks for opening this, probably I am the only one interested in this match. It is not the other fans did not wanted to open this thread, rather they don't care.
Because I care, I will certainly hope Milos steps up here because aside first match, he has been quite patchy this event. The reason is his numerous injuries and lack of preparation. But Isner is in unchartered territory on grass, the SF in a slam would be a new step for him. I am bit concerned, because he has been in good form .

Last edited:
Reactions: Moxie

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Thanks for opening this, probably I am the only one interested in this match. It is not the other fans did not wanted to open this thread, rather they don't care.
Because I care, I will certainly hope Milos steps up here because aside first match, he has been quite patchy this event. The reason is his numerous injuries and lack of preparation. But Isner is in unchartered territory on grass, the SF in a slam would be a new step for him. I am bit concerned, because he resllr has been in good form .
Big John's serve has always been really reliable and that's still true this year. But what I've noticed is he's returning a little better so he takes his chances when opportunities present themselves. It's what allowed him to win Miami and I've seen some of that in this tourney too.

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Raonic takes it in four tiebreak sets.

The_Grand_Slam

Masters Champion
Reactions
Raonic has served 117 aces out of 398 service points

Isner has 135 out of 417.

Gonna be a close match

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Because I care, I will certainly hope Milos steps up here because aside first match, he has been quite patchy this event. The reason is his numerous injuries and lack of preparation. But Isner is in unchartered territory on grass, the SF in a slam would be a new step for him. I am bit concerned, because he has been in good form .
I think we all know that you are the one that cares the most about this match. I will hope that Milos wins, for your sake, even though I do like Isner, sentimentally, and would normally root for him in this contest. Big John is on good form at this Wimbledon, but he's in unknown territory, and Milos has gone farther than he at W a couple of times. That alone could give him the edge. It's unlikely to be thrilling tennis to watch, and I suppose most of us would just wish they'd play however many TBs, and then a 5th, if necessary. But who knows? They may surprise us.

MartyB

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
I think we all know that you are the one that cares the most about this match. I will hope that Milos wins, for your sake, even though I do like Isner, sentimentally, and would normally root for him in this contest. Big John is on good form at this Wimbledon, but he's in unknown territory, and Milos has gone farther than he at W a couple of times. That alone could give him the edge. It's unlikely to be thrilling tennis to watch, and I suppose most of us would just wish they'd play however many TBs, and then a 5th, if necessary. But who knows? They may surprise us.
No they will not surprise us. We all know how this match will be played. Huge snooze fest

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
No they will not surprise us. We all know how this match will be played. Huge snooze fest
Yes, I think so, too. But herios is a real Raonic fan, so I'm trying to be supportive. We have to back our fellows who root for the players with less of a fan-base. (Well, that's me, anyway.)

golds girl

Major Winner
Reactions
They must have had to give away the tix for this match...

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Lol no break points yet and Raonic takes the first tiebreak. I really hope for the players and the spectators this doesn’t get to a fifth set. There may never be an end.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
And Isner wins the second tiebreak. God help us all.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Isner breaks on the first bp of the match. I think they should start the fourth set already.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
These guys are not finishing today.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Isner wins. The match did not live up to its hype.

crystalfire

Major Winner
Reactions
big servers playing each other is dishing out your own medicine against each other wonder how they feel. either way if rafas in the final either kevin or isner is dead. if its djokovic theres a chance