Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Venus in straights

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Serena leads the series 16-11

They haven't played in awhile. Since 2015 USO QF that Serena took in 3 sets.

Which sister prevails?
FYI: We will have the live chat open for this match.

serena-williams-australian-open.jpg

vs.
Venus%2BWilliams%2B2017%2BAustralian%2BOpen%2BDay%2B5%2B0bw4WdRyfKgl.jpg

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I don't know who wins. But, I know who I am rooting for. That would be Vee.

Tenfan63

Futures Player
Reactions
I have mixed emotions about this one. I really want Serena to get that 23rd Grand Slam, but I also want Venus to win another Grand Slam.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
awful final, the worst possible for me, I dislike those ball bashers sisters from the deep of my heart, it's not my kind of tennis at all, I pity Australian crowd

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
isabelle said:
awful final, the worst possible for me, I dislike those ball bashers sisters from the deep of my heart, it's not my kind of tennis at all, I pity Australian crowd

Tossip, this is one for you to respond to.. I have to deal with her dislike of possibility of Fedal.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
isabelle said:

So you won't be watching it then, heh? Sounds like sour grapes to me Isabelle. I mean you voted for Coco to win! She is the worst the kind of ball basher. Maybe your TV shows her game differently than the rest of civilization. :puzzled

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
isabelle said:

Serena and Venus aren't ball smashers but very talented shot makers.. especially Serena who added so much variety (slice, drop shot, volleying at the net although she isn't quite were she needs to be.) to her game the past 5-7 years.. Isabelle, there's no way Serena could have won as many grandslam titles after age 30 if she was just a ball basher like Sharapova.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
isabelle said:

Serena and Venus aren't ball smashers but very talented shot makers.. especially Serena who added so much variety (slice, drop shot, volleying at the net although she isn't quite were she needs to be.) to her game the past 5-7 years.. Isabelle, there's no way Serena could have won as many grandslam titles after age 30 if she was just a ball basher like Sharapova.

I don't know why you're trying to reason with her. This has nothing to do w/ style of play. For whatever reason she doesn't like them (which is her right, but at least be honest about it. Don't come here w/ this crap about ball bashers and then root for Coco, Garbine and Kvitova who are some of the most inconsistent bashers on the planet) and roots against them no matter who their opponent is.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
kskate2 said:
the AntiPusher said:
isabelle said:

I don't know why you're trying to reason with her. This has nothing to do w/ style of play. For whatever reason she doesn't like them (which is her right, but at least be honest about it. Don't come here w/ this crap about ball bashers and then root for Coco, Garbine and Kvitova who are some of the most inconsistent bashers on the planet) and roots against them no matter who their opponent is.
This

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
TenFan826 said:
I have mixed emotions about this one. I really want Serena to get that 23rd Grand Slam, but I also want Venus to win another Grand Slam.

I'd like to see Venus win too, but I think it's almost impossible. After going down to Kerbie in last year's final, do you really think Serena will let this one get away even to her sister? :nono

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
kskate2 said:
TenFan826 said:

I'd like to see Venus win too, but I think it's almost impossible. After going down to Kerbie in last year's final, do you really think Serena will let this one get away even to her sister? :nono
I think sentimentality everyone wants Vee to win even Serena wants to see Vee win

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I pick Venus in three based on the pressure of doing it getting to younger sister, but it is really a wish more than anything. I would not put money on it. I wanted Coco to he here and to win the whole thing, but, alas, she fell in three to the hall of famer. That is okay, as I think Coco has turned a corner and will be a force to reckon with in the next couple of years.

special700

Masters Champion
Reactions
shawnbm said:
I pick Venus in three based on the pressure of doing it getting to younger sister, but it is really a wish more than anything. I would not put money on it. I wanted Coco to he here and to win the whole thing, but, alas, she fell in three to the hall of famer. That is okay, as I think Coco has turned a corner and will be a force to reckon with in the next couple of years.

Now she wouldn't. This is just a flash in the pan just like all the other Cinderella stories that come out of every major that's played every year. I can bet you that she will not be doing anything throughout the rest of the year.

AnonymousFan

Major Winner
Reactions
Serena in 2. I'm rooting for Venus, however, as she hasn't won since 2008 and I personally doubt she'll reach this stage again.

freedomsmom

Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
kskate2 said:
the AntiPusher said:

This
On point. Unfortunately Isabelle has aptly demonstrated what wilful ignorance looks like.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
isabelle said:
well enjoy your sour grapes..:snicker...thank you Coco for taking out garbage Garbegine.:lolz:...well its going to happen again this year so get used to it.:rolleyes:...
you are just a dot in the scheme of things...#anobody

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It's in a way a pity that AO has ended with an all Williams final. Why because sisterhood will end with a Serena victory so she can be: #1 and get GS #23. All in all we've seen potential in the WTA/grandslam tournament but most players are inconsistent and have an outburst in one or two matches and most times it's when they meet a higher ranked player and wins . Next match they play something else. Coco Puff and Jo Konta are examples of players with a longer stamina that in the end collapse anyway. A risk of a boring final awaits and I think I'll skip it and maybe see a highlight - if anything at all. And I've nothing against the sisters.:nono

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I don't know it really does depend on Serena's consistency which is a question mark relatively match to match. She still is making it to the later stages of slams, but I'm thinking if she was a bundle of nerves against the likes of Kerber and Muguruza last year, then I don't think playing your sister would be any easier in terms of closing out and winning slams for history. I picked Venus in three, but if Serena holds it together then Serena in two tight sets.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I am so happy for Vee she is so adorable...I think she heard us when she used to lose in Melbourne wearing yellow.I remember the match against Pironkova she wore yellow and lost..yellow was never her color in Melbourne..
I hope Venus channels the Venus of 2008 Wimbledon final...hopefully