2016 Wimbledon Tennis Bracket Predictions (Men)

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
slide1-wim.jpg

A fun game where you score points for predicting the match results in the tennis tournaments. You pick the winners at the beginning of the tournament.

This takes as little as 10 minutes per bracket to play

Instructions

Video Tutorial Here:

Tennis Draw Challenge Instructions - YouTube by britbox posted May 7, 2016

or for a larger view:

http://discuss.tennis/index.php?media/tennis-draw-challenge-instructions-youtube.25/

In a nutshell...

If you aren't a member of the discuss.tennis website (the one you're reading - sign up - top right and then we can track your score), then...

1. Goto http://www.tennisdrawchallenge.com/ and register a new account (if you haven't got an account already). Try and use the same username as you use on this (the discuss.tennis) website.

2. When you are registered, click the GROUP menu option (at the top) and join the Discuss.Tennis Group (we're near the top).

3. Then click BRACKET menu option at the top and you'll see the tournaments for either WTA or ATP. Click In the second column, you will see a "Make your picks now" link. Click on this to make your picks. You can toggle between ATP and WTA tournament listing by clicking the "WTA" and "ATP" buttons at the top.

You're playing for a place in the Hall of Fame! - http://discuss.tennis/pages/hall-of-fame/

Reactions: teddytennisfan

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Yes, thank you for a reminder BB, I completely forgot about it. I think I missed all grass tournaments leading up to Wimbledon. But the big one is where we all want to shine.:D

We have time over the weekend, to think and study the draw, H2H and all other factors. :drums:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I picked Thiem to go deep, but he's got a tough first round in Florian Meyer. We'll see what Thiem has in the tank, and what he's made of for going deep in Majors henceforth. I hope I'm right.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Bracket complete! though I have to say that I like more to go match by match and day by day and see how every player is playing :scratch:. Some players have a easy start but others have tougher opponents from the beginning

Last edited:
Reactions: britbox

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I picked Thiem to go deep, but he's got a tough first round in Florian Meyer. We'll see what Thiem has in the tank, and what he's made of for going deep in Majors henceforth. I hope I'm right.

Same. Thiem is my high risk high reward pick... I've got him going deep too... but with reservations!

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Last time around I filled in more wishes than predictions, and ended up next to last. This time I took a bit more time and made actual predictions.

That is, if I end up at the very bottom this time feel free to ignore all my tennis related comments (if you do not this already..)

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Last time around I filled in more wishes than predictions, and ended up next to last. This time I took a bit more time and made actual predictions.

That is, if I end up at the very bottom this time feel free to ignore all my tennis related comments (if you do not this already..)

Pressure is on @mrzz !

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Who told me to choose Monfils (his first match after to be injured) Gulbis and Coric (another fake promise....)? :negative:

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions

:lulz2: Thanks mrzz, that was great. I used to pick with my heart all the time, but then I forced myself to use my head a bit more. Sometimes it helps and sometimes it comes down to just plain ol' luck.:-)2

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
:lulz2: Thanks mrzz, that was great. I used to pick with my heart all the time, but then I forced myself to use my head a bit more. Sometimes it helps and sometimes it comes down to just plain ol' luck.:-)2

Well, if it wasn´t for bad luck, I wouldn´t have no luck at all...

The funny thing is, when you pick a guy you don´t like against a player you usually root, and your favorite player wins, you end up disliking him a bit. When you pick your player against your head and he looses, you hate him for losing (again). So I guess that after a few bracket challenges you hate everyone on tour.

Except if you a Djokovic fan. Argh.

Last edited:
Reactions: Billie

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I've just checked the ATP Bracket and I see that I'm already down to the basement :help:

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
When I was completing my bracket I stopped at the Djokovic and Querrey match and thought... ´hmmm, this is the perfect place for an upset´. I stared at the draw for five seconds, but went for the safe bet in the end.

Anyway, f*ck my bracket: C´mon Querrey!

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The one that paused me was DelPo v. Stan. I wanted Juan Martin, but I went "safe." But I don't care that I was wrong. Now Del Potro has a decent chance at a deep run. Go, Juan Martin! I think all of tennis thought that win was sweet today.

Reactions: Tennis Fan and mrzz