Reactions
the favorites for the title:

1. djokovic
2. andy
3. federer

ClayDeath

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
who will be kind enough to post some images from the U.S. Open?

ClayDeath

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
this is about to get real interesting if Andy takes Wimbledon.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Cilic is one of the dark horses but he has work to do.
I think Cilic had one good run in him, and now he's done. He doesn't have the heart of a champion. He's done next to nothing since the win at USO14, and he couldn't close the door on Roger with a huge lead the other day. He's talented, but he's a headless chump, IMO.

ClayDeath

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think Cilic had one good run in him, and now he's done. He doesn't have the heart of a champion. He's done next to nothing since the win at USO14, and he couldn't close the door on Roger with a huge lead the other day. He's talented, but he's a headless chump, IMO.

I am hearing ya.

I don't think grass is his best surface. he ran into inspired Federer who could do no wrong.

there is no question he (cilic) has to show something in Toronto and Cincy. he has work to do.

Reactions: masterclass

ClayDeath

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I am installing Andy as the heavy favorite for the U. S. Open crown.

Stars can line up again for him.

Luck sides with those who actually bother with preparation.

They are putting in the hard yards required on the fitness front and the practice courts.

ClayDeath

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Milos of Canada:

his star is on the rise. could do very well at the u.s. open. I can see a semifinal appearance.

ClayDeath

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Are you serious, or are you trolling?

I am calling it like I am seeing it.

I expected Andy to take Wimbledon if an opportunity presented itself and he did. he simply had to do his part and be ready to capitalize.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
^ This. There is no logic in naming Murray a heavy favorite, I don't think he is the favorite period. Grass is Murray's best surface and probably Djokovic's worst (I know he has more Wimbledon's than RG's and USO's but that is circumstances more than anything). If they meet in the final Murray has a decent chance but Djokovic would still be the favorite and I'd also say that despite the early loss at Wimbledon, Djokovic is more likely to avoid upset.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
^ This. There is no logic in naming Murray a heavy favorite, I don't think he is the favorite period. Grass is Murray's best surface and probably Djokovic's worst (I know he has more Wimbledon's than RG's and USO's but that is circumstances more than anything). If they meet in the final Murray has a decent chance but Djokovic would still be the favorite and I'd also say that despite the early loss at Wimbledon, Djokovic is more likely to avoid upset.
I agree with you as to grass and Djokovic. And that Novak is the favorite at the USO (and the Olympics, for that matter.) Murray should be second favorite in both. That makes sense.

ClayDeath

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
what part of this you folks don't understand:

for my money andy is the heavy favorite but the stars have to line up just right just as they did at Wimbledon.

andy simply has to show up fit, hungry as hell, driven like never before, and be fully prepared so he can capitalize on the opportunities should they present themselves.

djokovic is suddenly under pressure. he failed early at Wimbledon.

my pick at the u.s. open is Andy.

my pick at Wimbledon was Andy. he delivered. I called that well in advance as you all know by now.

ClayDeath

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Andy has been making some inroads. people are simply failing to recognize that.

he believes in himself and in his abilities. he also knows that he really has no choice but to keep fighting if he wants more grand slam glory.

he fights without a dominating a forehand but he keeps fighting. that is why you will see Andy in the final at flushing meadows.

Reactions: isabelle

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Andy has been making some inroads. people are simply failing to recognize that.

he believes in himself and in his abilities. he also knows that he really has no choice but to keep fighting if he wants more grand slam glory.

he fights without a dominating a forehand but he keeps fighting. that is why you will see Andy in the final at flushing meadows.
hope so too, if Andy is in the final, he have good chance to win with the little help of Ivan

Status
Not open for further replies.