2016 French Open SF: Djokovic vs. Thiem

Who wins?

• Total voters

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Nole in 5. Thiem would win one set legitimately and win another set as Novak would hurry it up to finish it fast. Thiem has already shown that he can hang with Novak. Hope, he extends Novak very far and softens him up nicely for the finals.

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think Novak wins this in straights. Thiem has had a tough first route the Semis with all the delays, and I think a combo of the moment/exhaustion will get to him.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I liked Thiem's attitude in his match against Goffin and that tiebreaker. I think he could sneak a set given Novak's penchant for losing focus at moments. Thiem is my guy to watch I like his work horse mentality in making it to a higher tier of player.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Current no 1, in one of the most dominant runs in tennis history, against a guy in his first semi....

hmmmmm.....

Anyway, pulling for the upset. Thiem in five!

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Thiem winning is about as likely as Oleg MacNoLeg winning the NYC marathon :p

Mile

Masters Champion
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
I wonder who Rafa is pulling for:puzzled

Fed will for sure be watching on his smatphone somewhere.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Riotbeard said:
I think Novak wins this in straights. Thiem has had a tough first route the Semis with all the delays, and I think a combo of the moment/exhaustion will get to him.

It's Thiem's first slam semifinal, I think Novak shuts him down quickly. As a plus, Thiem's big hitting will be good practice for Stank in the final.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
It would be nice for Thiem to win a set and make it competitive but the moment might be a bit too much. Nole wins this one in straights...and then beats Stan 15-13 in the fifth to win his first RG title.

If it is Murray he plays against, whatever...

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
1972Murat said:
Nole wins this one in straights...and then beats Stan 15-13 in the fifth to win his first RG title.

:)

I can see you're preparing for Roger to win Wimbo this year.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Congrats Domi for your break through, but now you have to realize it is the end for ya!
This year at least. :cool:

sid

Masters Champion
Reactions
Thiem in straights I hope,2 shut up the chinovics here.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
1972Murat said:
It would be nice for Thiem to win a set and make it competitive but the moment might be a bit too much. Nole wins this one in straights...and then beats Stan 15-13 in the fifth to win his first RG title.

If it is Murray he plays against, whatever...

I'll take it anyway Nole can manage it! As I've been saying, he hasn't necessarily been playing that well since Qatar, but he's gotten better in this tourney; esp. flogging his regular pigeon from the Czech. Rep.! Poor Berdych; almost near what Borg did to Gerulaitis, Vilas, Solomon, and Dibbs "back in the day!" He literally just owned them; lock, stock, and Barrel! :nono :rolleyes: :cover :p

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Weather looks good tomorrow at RG and so all scheduled matches are expected to be completed, even if there are some minor disruptions.

Sat and Sun has much more chances of rain than Friday.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I hear that Novak has now created a record by reaching SF at RG for the sixth consecutive time and not even Rafa or Borg managed to do that. Is this a record (not worrying about the significance of it)?

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
GameSetAndMath said:
I hear that Novak has now created a record by reaching SF at RG for the sixth consecutive time and not even Rafa or Borg managed to do that. Is this a record (not worrying about the significance of it)?

Just add it to the other numbers showing his consistency that's unprecedented! It means something down the line to someone I'm sure! I still marvel scanning the record books as he annihilates the numbers set by all time greats every time he steps on the court and wins! :angel: :clap :eyepop