2015 Australian Open Final: Djokovic vs. Murray

Who ya got: Nole or Andy?

• Total voters

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Novak leads the H2H 15-8

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Players/Head-To-Head.aspx?pId=D643&oId=MC10

They are tied 2-2 in major finals. Andy winning Wimby and the USO w/ Novak winning twice down here. This is Novak's stomping ground, but this is Andy's 4th trip to the finals here? Will Novak continue to reign supreme or will Muzz score his first AO title?

Who ya got: Nole or Andy?

http://www.tennisnow.com/images/2015/January/novak-djokovic-
australian-open-01252015b.aspx
Novak-Djokovic1.jpg

vs.
329792-andy-murray-australian-open-2015-grigor-dimitrov.jpg

murray.jpg

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Not a prediction, just an observation:

If Murray wins, he will have won all Majors except RG -- same as Novak -- and Andy will have beaten Novak in each of the different finals.

Haelfix

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Novak wins this imo. He's just a superior baseliner on these medium-slow courts and Andy doesn't really have a great strategy against him, especially when Novak gets a bit aggressive.

Yes Murray has been clearly outplaying him these last few weeks, but at the end of the day we've seen the matchup too many times to be surprised by the outcome.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
It'll be a different Novak on Sunday. Something about Stan brings out the drama queen in him, but I expect he'll be stronger on Sunday, as he's been so far in the tourney. I like the way Murray is playing, and how he's handled whatever few reversals he's had, but Nole is more in the groove, for me. It could be tight, but I expect Novak to win in four...

sid

Masters Champion
Reactions
I picked Nole to win AO,but i'm going to let my heart rule my head.
Andy in 4 sets

TennisFanatic7

Major Winner
Reactions
Website
tennisfanaticblog.weebly.com
Andy in 4, I just have a good feeling about how he's playing and what's going on between those ears. Whatever happens, at least I get to watch this one live :)

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Totally different matchup than Nole-Wawrinka so there isn't too much to read into the match today. There is however a lot to read into how Murray played in the semi and he will have to be similarly aggressive. The usual Murray game will not get it done on Sunday but if he rips the forehand and plays all around aggressive tennis it might be a different story. I will go Nole in 4.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm not among those who think this will be boring, they nullify each other, they dress in the same colours, whatever: I think it'll be high quality, dramatic, aggressive and scintillating...

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Djokovic in four. Enough with coming close in all these Slams. He needs to start taking these titles if he hopes to be included in the GOAT jibberjabber someday.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
I'm not among those who think this will be boring, they nullify each other, they dress in the same colours, whatever: I think it'll be high quality, dramatic, aggressive and scintillating...

I think this might be like their 2012 semifinal which is easily their most entertaining match, at least at the majors. Murray played aggressively there too so it wasn't the usual pong when these two play.

Mile

Masters Champion
Reactions
Djoker in 4. I think, like already said, it will be different kind of match.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
fashionista said:
Murray to win in 5 sets,3 times proves it Murray!!

Hope you'll be right. I'll support King Andy too even if I'm worrying about him...this Nole seems to be very dangerous
interesting final nevertheless

tennisville

Major Winner
Reactions
Djokovic in 4 imo. He is the better player clearly and thus will prevail

DarthFed said:
Kieran said:

I think this might be like their 2012 semifinal which is easily their most entertaining match, at least at the majors. Murray played aggressively there too so it wasn't the usual pong when these two play.

The first 1.5 sets in that match was soo ugly and I was put to sleep. It sometimes get lost that the match had a lot of ugly stuff in it. Only the third and the fifth sets were entertaining with the rest of the match being garbage

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
We all have a good idea what this final will look like...

pong-gif.gif

Hopefully, with his string of wins against (post Lendl) Murray, Novak will play with more confidence and without the nervous errors that prolonged his semifinal by two sets.

Novak in four.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
^Lol! I miss that game! What was it called nehmeth. Used to play it on my old binatone!! That's a blast from the past :D

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
federberg said:
^Lol! I miss that game! What was it called nehmeth. Used to play it on my old binatone!! That's a blast from the past :D

Pong

:)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pong

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I love the pong picture above!! At times, these two have played like that, but I expect more aggression off both sides of the court in the final. Murray's backhand slice is effective against Nole and may come in handy at a big moment. I think Andy is going to eke this one out for his third major. Nole will be 7-8 in major finals after this one.