2014 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I only recently watched this and was so moved to hear the lovely voice of Linda Ronstadt--one of my favorites from my youth. I liked her singing rock, country, standards or simply talking--and I really liked her in shorts on rollerskates! :eyepop:snicker

Then there was the induction of Cat Stevens n/k/a Yousef Mohammed by that old Jewish boy from Brooklyn, Art Garfunkel. Great stuff--and Cat played "Father and Son" as his first song!!!!!! :clap ('From the time I could talk, I was ordered to LISTEN, now ...")

KISS I never liked, so I just listened in and thought the four of them seemed like decent guys--fairly well grounded now (especially Ace--who had some substance abuse issues for years). I could not hear the music.

Now, Nirvana is another story. I did not like Michael Stipe's long introduction, but their music was pivotal and arresting--and it still is. They are the ultimate garage band in my opinion--one of the best rock bands North America ever produced. And getting all the ladies out to sing lead was a nice touch.