2014 French Open SF: Halep vs. Petkovic

Simo or Petko?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tenisplayrla08

Major Winner
Reactions
Well dang. Halep was definitely the better player. She's been the best player of this RG so far. We'll see if she can get past Sharapova. She was really dictating play today. Really really solid. Clearly believes in all of her shots right now. Really believing in herself in general right now. Playing great tennis. But I just don't like her. I don't know why. She seems like a nice girl. But I was really pulling for Petkovic, mostly because I dislike Halep. I do like Petkovic. I have since her happy dancing days of 2011. But she's not in my top 5 favorites or anything. I'm just not a fan of Halep. But of course, that doesn't matter. She really is very good. I believe in her a lot more now. And having learned yesterday that she won the French in the Juniors, I understood her success on clay in general and her play here at RG this year a lot more. And understood her being a top player in general. Before I guess I thought she just sort of came out of nowhere in the last year and a half. But she's always been good apparently, just needed some time to adjust to the pro tour.

Good for her. Definitely rooting for Maria in the final though. Though that's because Maria is in my top 3 favorites. But I must say, I think I wanted Petkovic to win because I believed Maria would have less trouble with her in the final. Halep's phenomenal play scares me for Maria. She's worked her way into every match and found a way through, but she's been struggling. That's for sure. With her serve mostly. Hopefully her far superior experience in grand slam finals and big matches in general will be enough to outlast Halep. Or rather, hopefully she can outlast her if she's not playing well. If she's playing well, I don't think Halep stands much of a chance anyways.