• Li in 3

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Serena leads the H2H 8-1

http://www.wtatennis.com/head2head/player1/4846/player2/9044

Li's only win came in Stuttgart 2008. Serena has won the last 7 meetings including 2 on hard courts this year, Miami QF and the Cinci SF.

Who ya got?

tennis-serena-williams-us-open_2997125.jpg

vs.
Li-Na-US-Open-2013-Apparel-2.jpg

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Serena will beat Na li...very confident on this prediction.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Serena, Li couldn't even close the deal in Cincy when Serena tried her damnedest to wrap that match in a pretty bow for her. Serena is playing much better than she played in Cincy too. The serve is clicking much better and the return is just as lethal.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Serena in straight sets
The only way Serena can lose this title at the USO is Serena.Its all on her racquet.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Evert is making digs at Serena during the match between the two Italians.She is relentless in denigrating Serena...

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
tossip said:
Evert is making digs at Serena during the match between the two Italians.She is relentless in denigrating Serena...

That's quite unusual , Christy and Pam are Serena's biggest ex pro supporters.. What did Chris say, I am curious

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
tossip said:

That's quite unusual , Christy and Pam are Serena's biggest ex pro supporters.. What did Chris say, I am curious
you know the subtle digs that can be picked up by a discerning listener..like that Serena has no touch compared to the italians,used to make a lot of errors and Patrick stopped the errors,that Na li is Serena biggest rival when the h2h is 8-1..and lots of silly comments that made her sound bitter.Shriver never joined in the Serena attacks because she was focused on the match that was going on.
One thing I like about Shriver is that she is very direct...if she is being shady she wont hide behind a finger.

djmm

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
tossip said:

I just choked on my after lunch mints!!! OMG!!

djmm

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Since we're on commentators.. Last night, why did Mary Jo say Serena was 18 when she won her first Slam?? MaryJo knows damn well Serena was 17!! I could really slap her!!

tented

Administrator
Reactions
djmm said:
Since we're on commentators.. Last night, why did Mary Jo say Serena was 18 when she won her first Slam?? MaryJo knows damn well Serena was 17!! I could really slap her!!

Oh, good grief. Nothing every single thing is a slight against Serena. I've heard various commentators on numerous occasions mess things up. Not that long ago, Patrick McEnroe messed up the number Slams Federer has won. Would you have wanted to slap McEnroe, too?

These people are human; they're not perfect. They forget things, and they mis-speak amid trying to cover dozens and dozens of players, playing dozens and dozens of matches.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
djmm said:
I heard that too:laydownlaughing..Maria Jose said some shady stuff yesterday that can only be picked up by a discerning listener..especially about how Serena behaves during Fedcup.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
tossip said:
the AntiPusher said:
tossip said:

you know the subtle digs that can be picked up by a discerning listener..like that Serena has no touch compared to the italians,used to make a lot of errors and Patrick stopped the errors,that Na li is Serena biggest rival when the h2h is 8-1..and lots of silly comments that made her sound bitter.Shriver never joined in the Serena attacks because she was focused on the match that was going on.
One thing I like about Shriver is that she is very direct...if she is being shady she wont hide behind a finger.

Ok Tossip.. In Christy defense.. the Italians I am assuming is Vinci and Errani that's she may be speaking of are full time doubles players who make there money in the front court whereas Serena is absolutely one of the greatest backcourt players who at times comes to the net but it is not her bread and butter. I have stated all along that if Serena (might be a tab bit too late for Venus) would follow that big perfect serve to the net, she would be invincible, IMO.

sk310

Masters Champion
Reactions
Lord I cannot take the crazy Serena against the world story line. Seriously these people don't all have a hell bent agenda on taking her down. They ALL constantly compliment her. Get over it. She's one of the GOATs and everybody knows it. It's time from you guys to step out from behind your wall and stop pretending she's under attack from every angle.

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
If Serena has a mental lapse, she will win in three sets. If she is focused, two sets. Great to see Li playing well.

It looks as though Vika will get another chance to play a final against Serena. It should be high quality.

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions
sk310 said:
Lord I cannot take the crazy Serena against the world story line. Seriously these people don't all have a hell bent agenda on taking her down. They ALL constantly compliment her. Get over it. She's one of the GOATs and everybody knows it. It's time from you guys to step out from behind your wall and stop pretending she's under attack from every angle.

SK,
This is an internet message board, conspiracy theories are our specialty!

Do you really expect tossip to tossup?

:D

djmm

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
tented said:
djmm said:

Oh, good grief. Nothing every single thing is a slight against Serena. I've heard various commentators on numerous occasions mess things up. Not that long ago, Patrick McEnroe messed up the number Slams Federer has won. Would you have wanted to slap McEnroe, too?

These people are human; they're not perfect. They forget things, and they mis-speak amid trying to cover dozens and dozens of players, playing dozens and dozens of matches.

Yeah, right!!

McEnroe isn't his Davis Cup Captain. Mary Jo, FedCup Captain, knows EXACTLY how old Serena was .. the same damn age as her fav Sharapova, 17!!

She might fool you, but the bubblehead can't fool me!!

special700

Masters Champion
Reactions
tented said:
djmm said:

She also did say that CSN had one hand.....:laydownlaughing

djmm

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
sk310 said:

Their bias CRAP is proven every damn tourny. There is no need for me to make shit up, and when I hear bogus shit I'm gonna comment on it, if you like it or not!!

So you get over it!!