Tennis players anagram quiz

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
I noticed some people like quizzing on here so decided to have a go but I'm the least clued up on tennis so decided to scramble a few letters & see if anyone would like to join in & have fun + there's the added bonus of no one being able to cheat by googling. Please feel free to join in & have fun. Answers will be given in a weeks time unless worked out. I've put a lot of thought into scrambling these letters to try not to make it too easy or hard. Both male & female tennis players are included. Note for Monfed if he wants a go, only the correct, full tennis players names will be accepted. No nicknames will be marked as correct.

1. Imt ehnamn
2. epte smapsar
3. arfela andla
4. ogerr defreer
5. hnoj emcreno
6. jobrn robg
7. naja avntoan
8. mriaatn nigihs
9. mratani avnatrlivo
10. ndaer gasasi

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
To be honest, Ann, they are very easy for us grizzled tennis fans - I got them all in like 20 seconds of scanning. I appreciate the effort, though.

Horsa

Reactions
O.K. I'm very sorry. I am a tennis fan. I just don't get chance to watch much of what I want on T.V. as Dad hogs the remote so we watch what he wants or do something else. I normally just read. I was trying my best to join in with everyone else & be interesting to everyone else. To be honest I joined at the same time as a few writers & mainly just wrote poetry & spoke about books & to the writers. Now I'm trying to chat, the other writers have disappeared. I really miss them. You're very good though. If you're good with words you'll find it very easy anyway. (I mean I'm very good with words & in a readers group I joined they asked us to rearrange xomyonor to find a word. I got that the word was oxymoron in 1 second. Just an example.) I noticed how good you were with your sentence structure, vocab, spelling, punctuation & grammar. You mean I worked harder rearranging the letters to try to make it hard than you did working it out?
To be honest, Ann, they are very easy for us grizzled tennis fans - I got them all in like 20 seconds of scanning. I appreciate the effort, though.

Last edited:

Horsa

Reactions
I'm very sorry for going all emotional on you. It was totally unfair on me. Thinking about things calmly, you had a point. They're very easy for people who aren't good at tennis but just good with words too. You offered me some constructive criticism which I went over the top about which I shouldn't have done. I'm very sorry for acting like a stupid, little kid which I've really no excuse for. I realise now I may have seemed patronising which I'm not. I just wanted to join in & have fun with everyone else. I was totally unfair on myself too thinking everyone thought I was an idiot & was the dopiest person on here so could act like it which isn't true & by being unfair on myself I'm unwittingly unfair on others because I come across as patronising & seem nasty which I'm not. I'm the least confrontational person on here. I realised I was being unfair on myself by looking at what I really have to say which most of the time is reasonable & vociferated well using decent vocab., spelt & punctuated well & grammatically correct except in odd places where I haven't proof-read what I put or seen my mistakes & some people find interesting except for the occasional outbursts which I need to stop. I can even have a laugh sometimes. However, I will say that I'll discontinue it, learn from my mistakes & move on. I'm very sorry for bothering you.

Last edited: