Nadalites – Rafa Nadal Talk

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Tears in my eyes, yes we all knew this was coming, still...........................................
Seeing that I have seen Rafa many times at Roma and RG when he finally leaves and says good bye to both tournaments, it will hit me very hard indeed.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Jose Morgado @ josemorgado,

Nadal arrives at the press, says he is happy with the 1st set.Says it was his best in the clay season.Sees many positives in this match.
Says it's not 100% sure this was his last time playing in Spain because we still have Davis Cup".

Reactions: Moxie

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
We've been knowing it was the beginning of the end for a while, but, wow, this did feel real. Very hard.
Yes. It will be a lot different on these boards. Time went by so fast..I have spent more time with most of you folks then I prefer with my in laws .

Reactions: Moxie

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
TC is so boring with all their goofy hosts. I couldn't sit through a commercial segment regarding Rafa's upcoming schedule.., @MargaretMcAleer MM what's the latest for Roma

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
TC is so boring with all their goofy hosts. I couldn't sit through a commercial segment regarding Rafa's upcoming schedule.., @MargaretMcAleer MM what's the latest for Roma
Rafa has confirmed he will play in Rome, he intends to head to Rome this weekend to begin preparations for the tournament.Rafa will compete again with a protected ranking.
The ATP draw Monday 6th May at 12pm local time

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa has confirmed he will play in Rome, he intends to head to Rome this weekend to begin preparations for the tournament.Rafa will compete again with a protected ranking.
Rome draw will be made Monday 8th May at 6.30pm local time
Do you mean Wednesday May 8th

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Sorry if this has been said already, but what is his planned schedule for the rest of the year? Is it Rome, Roland Garros, Olympics, and maybe Davis Cup? Or is he going to play Wimbledon or the US Open?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Sorry if this has been said already, but what is his planned schedule for the rest of the year? Is it Rome, Roland Garros, Olympics, and maybe Davis Cup? Or is he going to play Wimbledon or the US Open?
Latest news is Rafa will play for Team Europe at the Laver Cup, I guess body permitting,
Rome, though he is still saying he will see how he goes in Rome, before playing RG, he wants to be competitive at RG not just making up the numbers.
Olympics, he did say after Madrid, DC is a possibility.
No mention as yet playing Wimbledon or USO

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa has arrived in Roma to practice with a compression sock on his right leg? trying to get more info
Well Rafa played his first practice match there was no compression sock on :)

Last edited:

PhiEaglesfan712

Masters Champion
Reactions
I don't think Rafa will play Wimbledon. I think it's more likely that he plays a July clay warm-up tournament before the Olympics. I just cannot see Rafa going from clay to grass then back to clay in that short period of time at age 38. Maybe at 33 or 34, but not now.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I don't think Rafa will play Wimbledon. I think it's more likely that he plays a July clay warm-up tournament before the Olympics. I just cannot see Rafa going from clay to grass then back to clay in that short period of time at age 38. Maybe at 33 or 34, but not now.
You are endlessly campaigning for Rafa at the Olympics. Yes, it will be played on clay at RG, but, if he's really doing his "goodbye" tour, would he skip Wimbledon, which has meant so much to him? Only if he plans to come back in 2025, and I don't think he is. He's won everything he needs to at the Olympics. It may be fun to play doubles with Alcaraz, if they do that. But I doubt he'd skip Wimbledon for the Olympics.

PhiEaglesfan712

Masters Champion
Reactions
You are endlessly campaigning for Rafa at the Olympics. Yes, it will be played on clay at RG, but, if he's really doing his "goodbye" tour, would he skip Wimbledon, which has meant so much to him? Only if he plans to come back in 2025, and I don't think he is. He's won everything he needs to at the Olympics. It may be fun to play doubles with Alcaraz, if they do that. But I doubt he'd skip Wimbledon for the Olympics.
Rafa skipped the Australian Open and hasn't fully committed to the French Open. The fact that he has committed to the Laver Cup before any of the slams tells me that the slams aren't really his top priority anymore. If anything, Rafa has won everything he needs to at the slams. He only has one singles gold at the Olympics. He can add more to his legacy by winning a 2nd singles gold, which would make him the first to complete the double career golden slam.

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It seems to me that he is taking each event one of the time and he is basing it on his family and his own physical health. It could be there is additional information out there of which I am unaware, but that is my perception from afar. So, I do not believe it should be shocking that he does not play in Paris or London if he does not feel up to it or due to the family wanting him to relax more and recover more fully. He says he is committing to the Laver Cup, but that could change as well. As this year drags on, I sadly and being lead to the conclusion that this is the last we are going to see if him at some point in 2024. My he come back for an exhibition, may be try and do like that Swedish great from a bygone era may be not play all then come back to play one or two events next year? It is possible. What more it is he have to prove? He is a beautiful little boy locally wife and has a happy man in the Mediterranean with his extended family near him, is yachts, his golf courses and the tennis court when he wants to exercise a bit. Roger harbors know doubt about how good life can be after decades of tennis – – eating, drinking, breathing, sleeping and living for tennis and tennis basically only. I think the great Spanish Bull is awakening to some of that himself, although it is conjecture on my part. We will always be able to review watch wonderful battles he has had with the other two great players of this, which I still treasure with respect to Connors, McEnroe and Borg. I would say that we all should be so lucky, but the fact is we are even luckier as there are more battles between the great Spaniard, the Swiss Maestro and that the Serbian Slayer we all can access from our laptops, telephones, desktops and televisions that we ever to get of those great three from decades ago.