Mutua Madrid Open, Madrid, Spain, 2024 - WTA 1000

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Whaat! The goddess sent packing in R4? What happened to her form? She hasn't played since Charleston.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Happy 17th Birthday today to Mirra Andreeva!

Iga was ruthless 61 60 over Sorribes Tormo
Ons chalks up another win over a very erratic Ostapenko 60 64, cool handshake at the net :)
Haddad Maia in a straight sets win over Sakkari 64 64
Happy Burfday to the teen queen. Right now she is giving Jaz fits on court.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I saw the last part of the set where Jaz had opportunities to break for the set and then TB. Too many UE from her. Not playing w/ enough margin. Whatever the game plan was from her coach, either she's not executing it or it needs to be changed. They had to know what to expect from Mirra beforehand.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I'm still ain't gonna buy TC plus..I would like to watch the ladies but I'm dealing with this Nadal guy right now
You don't have to buy the plus, most of these other matches are being shown on T2 if you can suffer through the endless chatter (I just mute). You can get T2 from any number of platforms (Amazon prime, Samsung TV, Roku and some others)

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
This is becoming a habit with Coco, also her serve 5 DFs so far
Correct. I've seen too many matches from her where she was serving for the set/match at 5-3 or 5-4, dumps serve, loses momentum and usually drops the set

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Correct. I've seen too matches from her where she was serving for the set/match at 5-3 or 5-4, dumps serve, loses momentum and usually drops the set
What's the over under in regards to Coco dumping Brad!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
AP will be happy Madison won the 1st set 76(4) over Coco, 6 DFs from Coco, main problem is she loses her focus when it matters presently

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
What's the over under in regards to Coco dumping Brad!
All of this isn't Brad's fault. Some of these were issues she had before. Instead of fixing them, he kind of glosses over clear technical issues because he doesn't want to focus on a particular weakness, like her FH. I don't necessarily agree w/ that philosophy but that's how he coaches. I think her mistake was in not keeping Peribe. He and Brad complimented each other and were the perfect coaching tandem for her particular needs. She was in a good place after winning the USO. She shouldn't have made any coaching or serve changes.

Reactions: the AntiPusher

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
All of this isn't Brad's fault. Some of these were issues she had before. Instead of fixing them, he kind of glosses over clear technical issues because he doesn't want to focus on a particular weakness, like her FH. I don't necessarily agree w/ that philosophy but that's how he coaches. I think her mistake was in not keeping Peribe. He and Brad complimented each other and were the perfect coaching tandem for her particular needs. She was in a good place after winning the USO. She shouldn't have made any coaching or serve changes.
Hey lady I just asked the question? When a player loses a few matches it's usually the coach is the scapegoat

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I dont mind players tweaking their serves, still since Coco spent time with Roddick, on her serve in the off season, it hasnt improved, actually at times in tournaments it has got worse, at IW she had 17 DFs, Tossip and I were having kittens in that match, she won ugly