Mutua Madrid Open, Madrid, Spain, 2024 - WTA 1000

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
saved by a great serve, then returns to get another. MP #5

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think Banshee is burnt out. Probably needed another week and should've just played Rome and RG
I don't know...she's prone to UFE laden matches. It was ugly, but she won.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I don't know...she's prone to UFE laden matches. It was ugly, but she won.
True. But I think this win streak took a lot out of her mentally and she probably could have benefitted from another week off, but as this is her last season I can see why she wouldn't want to skip it.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
True. But I think this win streak took a lot out of her mentally and she probably could have benefitted from another week off, but as this is her last season I can see why she wouldn't want to skip it.
Are you saying that Sabalenka is retiring?

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Collins can win RG..she is surprisingly good in Paris.I want her to go out with a bang..

Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Collins can win RG..she is surprisingly good in Paris.I want her to go out with a bang..
I dont know about Danielle winning RG, long way to go to Paris, conditions are slower, anyway lets see how she goes in Madrid, I have to agree with Kskate, she looked tired to me,she was lucky to win today, she should have skipped Madrid and played Rome then RG.I feel she would have a better chance at the USO where conditions suit Danielle better.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
No one is talking about Saba. This whole convo was about Danielle
I thought your "Banshee" was Sabalenka. I was talking about Sabalenka's match, and so was Margaret. Forgive me for getting lost. Both had matches today. Maybe if you'd just use their names, it would help. I thought when you responded to me, you knew I was talking about Sabalenka's match. You seemed to.