• Yule log

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xmas cake

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
1stly, the poll is just for fun. Personally I prefer Yule logs.

I've mentioned that I'm an atheist but never explained why or the fact that I take things from different beliefs & that I actually think the reason for writing different religious books was a good 1. I became an atheist not only because of the lack of evidence to prove God exists but because a lot of wars were caused by people disagreeing with people of different religions to them. I think that religious books were written at a time of great animosity to try to explain to people who didn't know what we do now how things came to be & to set some rules for people to live by in order to have a more peaceful society. I still read the Bible. I think it's a good piece of fiction & there is some good poetry in it. Job & Psalms are good examples of poetry. Just because I don't believe in a religion doesn't mean I haven't got anything from different religions because when I became an atheist I looked at all religions & took the best parts of it to incorporate into my life. For a start I still follow the 10 commandments & from Buddhism I take the practise of meditation. Coming to the point I take from Paganism herbalism & aromatherapy & I celebrate Halloween the Pagan way as well as celebrating Yule the Pagan way. I still celebrate Xmas & sing Christian Carols though. (I incorporate other religious practises into my life too & my Muslim friends have a saying "Everything'll be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not yet the end" which I believe or try to.) I always respect other people's beliefs & don't mean to offend anyone by what I've said.

Now to the point, "Happy Yule!"