Djokovic Fans thread

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
My real question is did he decide to play in the Serbian tournament well ahead of time or did he decide to do so after seeing his performance in the regular clay warm-up tourneys.
As far as I know it was part of his schedule a few weeks in advance, before the Rome even. He did not play Barcelona nor Madrid so seemed like a good decision taking into account a 2 week gap between Rome and RG.

napo

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Novak is executing so well what he said before the AO21 win: He will totally focus on the slams, after getting the huge weeks at no 1 record.
That’s what he is doing. Play lesser tournaments, don’t give everything at masters and Tour Finals.
I wrote that isn’t good sign for Fedal, and so far it became truth.

Reactions: GameSetAndMath

napo

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Who can recognise these two?
ADC11859-6D72-4F85-9AEF-CDCEBF4F6190.png

dante1976

Futures Player
Reactions
Monica Seles on the right and I'll try with Boris Becker on the left lol

edit: hair is to dark to be Boris though so I don't know who is on the left

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Never thought the season will go this way. 2 slams in one season is great already, but Novak pocketed first 3 slams and skyrocketed from 17 to 20 in a matter of 5 months. How many more he has in him? I would say about 3 slams is some kind of minimum if no major injury and Nadal keeps going as well. He already won 8 slams in his 30s.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
I’m going to leave the same message here I posted in the Federer & Nadal fans thread:

The nature of the Fans threads (this & the ones for Federer & Nadal) is to have a safe space, so to speak, where fans can discuss their favorite players without having others come in to criticize them or make fun of them. Those things can be done elsewhere.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I’m going to leave the same message here I posted in the Federer & Nadal fans thread:

The nature of the Fans threads (this & the ones for Federer & Nadal) is to have a safe space, so to speak, where fans can discuss their favorite players without having others come in to criticize them or make fun of them. Those things can be done elsewhere.
It never works out! You wind up having to delete or move posts due to Fedal fans having a need to vent without repercussions! Sorry! :face-with-tears-of-joy:

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
It never works out! You wind up having to delete or move posts due to Fedal fans having a need to vent without repercussions! Sorry! :face-with-tears-of-joy:

1. It applies not only to Fed and Nadal's fans threads, but to all fans threads.

2. Also, it does not mean that fans of Y cannot post in X fans thread. All that is required is to be courteous and not simply poking fun or indulging in ridicule.
If you want to do that, you can also do that; but there are several other threads where you can do that.

Reactions: tented

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Even Steffi missed out on one big title in 1988. She lost in the SF of year end championship tourney.

Now, Novak has the opportunity to claim all six big titles in the same year.

Half the job is done.

Olympics, USO and WTF to go.

Reactions: Fiero425

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Even Steffi missed out on one big title in 1988. She lost in the SF of year end championship tourney.

Now, Novak has the opportunity to claim all six big titles in the same year.

Half the job is done.

Olympics, USO and WTF to go.
Kinda fitting that it's in that order 'cos if he wins the Olympics AND the USO, followed by the last big tournament of the year, many will indeed go WTF?!

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Rumors has it Rod Laver is offering a "bounty" of changing the name of the Laver Cup this year to anyone who defeats Novak at the USO. Imagine, it could become the Wakrinka Cup to a known Novak slayer like Stanislaus. Jajaja

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This is sort of hilarious, and you have to credit McEnroe that volley winner.

Reactions: Fjaka2.0