Why is there so much animosity between Tennis and Pickleball players?

jbecker

Reactions
I grew up playing Tennis, never professionally, but I played for many years. A while back I was introduced to Pickleball and have been playing regularly for the last 8 months or so. I have noticed what seems like a lot of animosity between the two crowds, especially when it comes to shared court space. Personally I find them to be fairly different sports, with different kinds of strategy and technique (obviously there are similarities), and don't really get what all the fuss is about? Do Tennis players think they are going to lose all their courts, or that Pickleball is just an inferior sport? What do you guys think?

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I have not yet tried out pickle ball, but I do not like the noise that it creates, particularly when those courts are close to my tennis court. It can get a knowing fairly quickly. I think it should be a separate area where that is played because it does make a lot of this to me, it is sort of like table tennis outside on a larger court or you might say like badminton. It is quite different from tennis and it is an orthopedic surgeon's dream and will serve as an annuity for them going forward.