What The World Never Knew About Michael Jackson And Prince's Feud

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Prince and Michael Jackson were constantly compared, and rumors of a rivalry between the two pop legends have long been reported. Since they both passed away, others in the music industry have shed light on their famed "rivalry." Here's everything we know about Michael Jackson and Prince's relationship.

By the mid '80s, after Purple Rain and Thriller were both released, The Purple One and the King of Pop were at the height of their careers. So it's kind of amazing to hear that they might have actually collaborated back then, if only they could have gotten along. When Michael Jackson was working on Bad, he and producer Quincy Jones invited Prince over to Jackson's house to talk about the two possibly dueting on the title track. However, judging from Jones' account, the vibe between the two superstars was rough from the start.

Jones spilled the beans in a no-holds-barred interview with GQ, saying that Prince strangely taunted Jackson as soon as he arrived at his home. The famed producer said,

"[Prince] came in and he had an overcoat on, and he had a big white box labeled 'Camille.' He called Michael 'Camille.'"

Then, as if it couldn't get any more awkward...it did. Jones continued,

"The box had all kinds of stuff, some cuff links with Tootsie Rolls on them. Michael was scared to death, he thought there was some voodoo in there."

Despite Jones' best attempts to make sure everyone was comfortable at the meeting, some of the small talk quickly became a big problem. According to Jones, Michael said,

"'I never been to Minnenapolis.' [Prince] said [angrily], 'It's Minneapolis!'...Then Janet went by. [Prince] said, 'Relax your lips, girl.' And it was not going well, that's for sure."

Watch the video for more about What The World Never Knew About Michael Jackson And Prince's Feud!

#Prince #MichaelJackson

Worst meeting ever | 0:19
Prince re-recorded "Bad" | 1:39
Prince wouldn't join Michael's gang | 2:21
Prince falls for James Brown | 3:36
Michael thought Prince was nasty | 4:27
We aren't the world | 5:29
A bass in the face | 6:38
Prince slammed Michael | 7:22
Michael loved watching Prince fall | 8:27
Prince actually defended Michael | 9:06
Prince mourned Michael's death | 10:05

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
They should do a Biopic on the Prince and Jackson rivalry based on the above. The facts presented above seem legit to me.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
They should do a Biopic on the Prince and Jackson rivalry based on the above. The facts presented above seem legit to me.

I don’t think anyone will be motivated to do anything involving Michael Jackson, given the pedophile allegations. Prince is another story. I suspect a biopic will be done of him, a la Freddie Mercury and Elton John.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Reactions: tented