US Politics Thread

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
could be optimism for sure. But I think it's one thing to take a punt on something new, but it's quite another when you've sampled the mediocre output, of the Trump administration, to go back again. If you're dissatisfied with Biden then you're open to another Trump term... until you see this guy just keeps on losing in court. If the primary motivation is negative partisanship then this has to help Biden at the margin..that's my thinking anyway...
It will be interesting to see if all of this sways those who are less-committed, which is the group that everyone needs to win over. Meantime, Trump is attacking RFK, Jr., as a perceived threat. Recent polling has many more Republicans "RFK-curious" than Democrats. If that holds, and RFK, Jr. stays in the race, for now it does look like a threat to Trump. And he's treating it as such.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
It will be interesting to see if all of this sways those who are less-committed, which is the group that everyone needs to win over. Meantime, Trump is attacking RFK, Jr., as a perceived threat. Recent polling has many more Republicans "RFK-curious" than Democrats. If that holds, and RFK, Jr. stays in the race, for now it does look like a threat to Trump. And he's treating it as such.

Dem's aren't the brightest in the world, but even Kennedy's family is backing Biden over their "boy!" Supporting freak 3rd party candidates has cost us elections several times over the last 2 decades! I'll never forgive Nader who just couldn't help himself in 2000 giving us "W!" Sanders fought to the end w/ Stein taking just enough away to subject us to a Trump admin. over one led by Hillary! I keep saying "the right" can't scrape the bottom of the sewer much more, but they find ways to get thru to another layer! I feel terrible for the future of the country as it's destined to go down in flames even if we have to do it to ourselves! Russia & China just need to wait us out as we play "Russian roulet" w/ those guns we have a right to pointed at our own heads! Sooner or later, the chambers will be loaded & that w/b that! Jan 6th was a close call, but some are looking for a repeat performance! Scairy! :angry-face: :face-with-head-bandage: :astonished-face: :fearful-face: :yawningface:

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Dem's aren't the brightest in the world, but even Kennedy's family is backing Biden over their "boy!" Supporting freak 3rd party candidates has cost us elections several times over the last 2 decades! I'll never forgive Nader who just couldn't help himself in 2000 giving us "W!" Sanders fought to the end w/ Stein taking just enough away to subject us to a Trump admin. over one led by Hillary! I keep saying "the right" can't scrape the bottom of the sewer much more, but they find ways to get thru to another layer! I feel terrible for the future of the country as it's destined to go down in flames even if we have to do it to ourselves! Russia & China just need to wait us out as we play "Russian roulet" w/ those guns we have a right to pointed at our own heads! Sooner or later, the chambers will be loaded & that w/b that! Jan 6th was a close call, but some are looking for a repeat performance! Scairy! :angry-face: :face-with-head-bandage: :astonished-face: :fearful-face: :yawningface:
I definitely blame Nader, to some extent, for Gore's loss. But I blame the electorate more. We will be a two-party system until we aren't. If they can't understand what's at stake, they're not living in the real world.