Two Serenas

RJD11

Major Winner
Reactions
" I think of myself as two different people," Williams, 32, told Fitness magazine in an interview for its May issue.

"There's the Serena Williams that everyone knows: She's crazy… She can't make a mistake... And she's angry and just not nice, to be honest. I'm only that person for three hours a day when I'm on the court. The rest of the time I'm just Serena. I'm the class clown."

The tennis pro says she’s just a ‘nice’ girl and ‘class clown’ when she’s off the court. She even gets upset when people think the court persona is who she really is. Williams said she started getting compliments from people about the way she looks, and that motivated her to embrace her curves.

"It's not the real me," Williams said. "Even for me, it's shocking to see. But in another way, it's kind of cool to know that I have everything together on the court, because I don't really have my life together personally."

Despite being the world's top female tennis player, the brunette beauty still deals with insecurities - especially about her appearance.

"When I was young I thought I should be built more like an athlete -long and lean- not with a womanly figure," she said.

"But then people my age started coming up to me and saying, 'I love you because of the way you look.' That was really motivating. So I learned to be proud of my curves and embrace my large boobs. It's all about loving who you are and realizing that you're beautiful."

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...#ixzz2yjzI0iUi

RJD11

Major Winner
Reactions
Serena Williams proves yet again she’s one of the most fit females in the world as she flaunts her swimsuit figure on the May cover of Fitness magazine

serena13n-5-web.jpg

R

Rose

Can you say photoshopped? While Serena has to her credit lost weight she in no way looks like those pictures!

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Rose said:
Can you say photoshopped? While Serena has to her credit lost weight she in no way looks like those pictures!

Exactly! That's a camera that doesn't add ten pounds - it subtracts 80! :puzzled :s

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Kieran said:
Rose said:

Exactly! That's a camera that doesn't add ten pounds - it subtracts 80! :puzzled :s

I think you're both being a bit mean. It's not like she looks skinny in those photos. I'd say it absolutely looks like her body. Did you miss the part in the OP where Serena talks about being an inspiration to women who have 'womanly' figures? Criticizing her body is being part of the problem, not the solution. She's the top athlete in her sport…she's got to be in great shape. Her body type is her body type. :cool:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
Kieran said:
Rose said:

I think you're both being a bit mean. It's not like she looks skinny in those photos. I'd say it absolutely looks like her body. Did you miss the part in the OP where Serena talks about being an inspiration to women who have 'womanly' figures? Criticizing her body is being part of the problem, not the solution. She's the top athlete in her sport…she's got to be in great shape. Her body type is her body type. :cool:

I think part of the problem is magazines photo-shopping famous girls instead of showing them as they are. Seriously, there's a lot of mags stand accused of this wicked form of sexism. Those photos have been trimmed... :nono

RJD11

Major Winner
Reactions
Williams Sisters Continue To Inspire

Deep into their careers, WTA legends Serena and Venus Williams still motivate each other in various ways.

Published April 16, 2014 12:12

0,,12781~12759080,00.jpg

Almost 20 years since they turned pro, the Williams sisters still serve as an inspiration to each other, whether that involves handling personal tragedies or rebounding from illnesses or injuries.

For instance, 17-time Grand Slam winner Serena overcame a pulmonary embolism in 2011, the same year seven-time Grand Slam champ Venus was diagnosed with Sjögren's Syndrome.

"She's the ultimate inspiration," Serena said. "To go through what she's gone through is such a great story. If it was me, I probably would have hung up my racquets and maybe played some doubles. She has so much courage to show up week in and week out and play. That's what I call courage."

Changes in Venus' lifestyle, specifically her diet as she battles the autoimmune disease, have rubbed off on Serena.

"We live together," Serena said. "My mom started, and then I started. I felt like I couldn't bring bad things in the house. And I love to cook, so I learned how to cook, well raw, and I learned how to cook vegan and stuff like that. So it was a great experience for us all.

"It's a great way to live. It's so healthy. Forget tennis and everything. It's just about living a healthy lifestyle and being the best person you can on the inside and healing your body from the inside out."

Serena has witnessed firsthand the ups and downs of Venus' valiant comeback the past few years.

"It's just amazing because I know what she goes through more than anyone else, and sometimes she's doing great and sometimes it's difficult," Serena said. "She might lose matches that she would normally win 10 times out of 10, but to accept that and keep going is really amazing."

Venus had similar sentiments about how Serena has affected her.

"I learned a lot from Serena in the early '90s, '98 and '99, because she had a lot of heart, and I felt like I needed to be more like that," Venus said. "So she was a great role model for me.

"Serena is an inspiration not just for me but I think for every woman on the WTA and for so many more men, women and children who aren't playing tennis. So just around the world, she's an inspiration."

And the Williamses don't just inspire each other, but other players like Caroline Wozniacki.

"I think they are great role models," the Danish former World No.1 said. "They do a lot of charity work. I think they are great for the game, because they stand up for the players. They are on the council. They do a lot for the WTA, not just as players, but also how they represent the tour, which I think is great."

The Williams sisters are next scheduled to be in action in three weeks in Madrid, where Serena is the two-time defending champion.

- See more at: http://www.wtatennis.com/news/article/3768819/title/williams-sisters-continue-to-inspire#sthash.gyGQjYlT.dpuf

RJD11

Major Winner
Reactions
Rose said:

This is the Serene Queen frolicking on the beach

with her friend in Miami on Wednesday

doesn't look photoshoppy to me

article-2606517-1D27AC5F00000578-18_306x423.jpg

article-2606517-1D26BAC700000578-889_634x516.jpg

article-2606517-1D26A3CD00000578-392_634x627.jpg

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
The ones from the Fitness mag are definitely touched up. Look at her mugshot on the cover, FFS. Glittery and gruesome. I much prefer the natural look. Female tennis players look much sexier to me when they're sweaty on court. You see them in their dresses for the Wimbledon Ball and they look like shop floor detectives, burly and shifty.

Anyhow, she's a tennis star, her figure is perfect for bashing the ball brutally...

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Kieran said:
The ones from the Fitness mag are definitely touched up.

Photoshop should be anathema to a fitness magazine. It's a terrible comment on society that it isn't.