The Walking Dead

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Anyone else watch the Walking Dead?

It was on my series bucket list, so watching the whole lot in succession. Currently part way through season 2.

Quite enjoying it but it seems to borrow a lot of stuff from 28 Days Later and Dawn of the Dead.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Been meaning to watch it for awhile. Not sure how high I'd be on a zombie show but I hear it is very good.

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I really enjoyed the first 3 seasons. I am waiting for season four though to get online. I like that it is a character driven zombie show film like 28 days later and ramero zombie movies instead of the more action centric zombie stuff like 28 weeks later, World War Z (bleh!), and the dawn of the dead remake.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Season 1 - OK
Season 2 - Good
Season 3 - Average
Season 4 - Crap

This one has peaked already. I won't be watching the 5th season - it's become predictable and boring. Not sure how many times somebody can back off from a zombie only to trip over their own feet.

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I've been watching the series. It comes online about an hour after it's been aired so I usually watch it sometime during the week. The show has gradually shifted from being humans vs. zombies to humans vs. humans with zombies as a side attraction. The first half of season 5 with the whole Terminus thing was intense. The second half started this month and the first three episodes have been sloooooooowwww. And today they finally had to bend over to the gayification of America and introduced a gay couple. Yippee. :dodgy: I hope this season picks up because I can only take so much of Rick's (Andrew Lincoln) bad imitation of Christian Bale's husky Batman voice.

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Just watched Episode 11 of Season 5. Very slow episode. Just introducing a bunch of new characters. They desperately need to do an episode that shows how horrifying the zombies can be. The main characters are too nonchalant about killing them and their presence isn't as scary anymore. Still watching because I care about some of the characters but it really needs to pick up soon.

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Noah! Aiden! Eugene! Gabriel! Episode 14 really picked up. It may have been the goriest episode ever. Only two more episodes this season but things are gonna fall apart FAST.

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Well, Season 5 comes to a close with a bit of a surprise at the end but nothing major. Soem pretty tense moments though. Carol had all the best lines. She has really turned into a bad*** character. If I were Glenn, I would have shot that guy. And how about Morgan!

CBUguaYUgAA289T.jpg

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Anybody watching the Fear The Walking Dead spinoff series? I've seen the first three episodes so far and I have to say it's pretty good. The actors are great and watching society just crumble more and more day by day is alarming. It must have been tough to come up with a six-episode script to show it but they've done a good job so far. After 6 episodes this season, they have already signed for a 15-episode Season 2 so I hope they keep it good. And only one month to Season Six of the Walking Dead!

Fear-The-Walking-Dead-Poster.png

The-Walking-Dead-season-5-cast.jpg

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
OK, we're three episodes into Season Six and all I have to say is wow. From the first episode, it just hasn't let up. Between the giant herd Rick and his group are dealing with the Wolves that Carol's group is trying to deal with, it's been intense. And now it looks like one of the major characters just bought the farm. If that character isn't dead, it would have to be one biggest fake-out, gotcha moments in TV history. But even then, it was well planned. And now they got this 16-part web series going on. Walking Dead are all over the place.

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
OK, so we're left with a big "Is that character really dead?!" episode and then one week of waiting and watching endless YouTube theory videos of really happened,, and then we finally make it to Sunday for.....no answers. Morgan gets a full episode of how he became a Jedi Knight that is against all killing. It was ok but really toned down from the first four episodes of the season. Hoping the show finally answers the question every WD fan wants to know.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Right so, I finally caved in and started watching. Just finished episode 2, season 2.

It's brilliant! :clap

Going to try binge watch a lot more over the weekend. The missus doesn't like to watch it while we eat dinner. She reckons spaghetti bolognese and spuds don't mix :lolz:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
End of season 2. Binge-watched today and yesterday. Still hectic and exciting, but I'll take a break before starting season 3 - only so many cliffhangers and nailbiters I can endure in one weekend... :popcorn

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I don't do zombie movies or shows. Just can't get into them. I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
kskate2 said:
I don't do zombie movies or shows. Just can't get into them. I'm glad you're enjoying it.

I was the same, although I enjoyed the old film, Dawn of the Dead, where they're trapped in a shopping centre and surrounded by zombies. But I wondered how they could get a whole TV series out of them. This has changed my mind. Not only is it exciting, but it has great characters in it too. I'm kinda more anxious when they come across other humans than zombies, because the other survivors are as bad as the "walkers..."

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
kskate2 said:

Same here KS.. I tried to beign watch TWD during the 2014 Xmas holidays and now wished I had my 5-6 hours back. I dont care for the movies either