Tennis commentators - love/like/hate/mute/#wishtheygotfired

How many of these commentators would you say you actively enjoy listening to?

• Martina Navratilova

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • John McEnroe

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Chandra Rubin

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Patrick McEnroe

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Brad Gilbert

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Chris Evert

• Paul Annacone

• Mats Wilander

• Boris Becker

• Pam Shriver

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lindsay Davenport

• Jason Goodall

• Robbie Koenig

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Mary Carillo

• Other

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Yes, that has to be him.

Personal favorite: “That’s Phenome-adal” (say it out loud)
That’s the kind of thing I hate! :lulz1: Commentators acting like fanboys but not saying anything worth hearing. I grew up with the BBC, Dan Maskill, John Barrett, and I really liked Frew MacMillan on Eurosport. Felt like we were hearing about the sport from the inside, not from the fans in the loud seats..

Reactions: AnonymousFan

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Does he also shout, “That’s ridiculous!” If so, there ought to be a trigger warning. Terrible commentary..
No no RELAX my Brotha... Robbie K is the Truth. He was the one with Jason Goodall who coin the phase "There's No Stopping The King Of Clay" ! Both should make it into the Hall of Fame for broadcasting

• Haha
Reactions: Jelenafan

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I also love Chanda. I wish they would use her more. Annacone is always great too.
I have an axe to grind with Chanda ..back in the day in Miami my crew asked that heifer for an autograph when she was heading to a ladies doubles match. She refused but her partner Satrine Testu stopped and signed for a few of Us. She was very polite..I saw Chanda in Cincinnati a few years ago in the airport. I walked by her and kept on pushing to my gate. No One is rude to AP. Jajaja

• Haha
Reactions: kskate2

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I miss Robbie and Jason commentating together, those were the days, BTW!
I’m not a fan of that type of hyperbolic commentary. It’s a bit cheesy and reminds me of commentators who obsess about Goat conversations, but I can also see how it appeals to some fans..

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I’m not a fan of that type of hyperbolic commentary. It’s a bit cheesy and reminds me of commentators who obsess about Goat conversations, but I can also see how it appeals to some fans..
I see your point, those 2 with some of their 'outrageous comments' at times made me laugh, especially in the wee hours of the morning when my eyes were struggling and brain to stay awake.

Reactions: Kieran

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Does he also shout, “That’s ridiculous!” If so, there ought to be a trigger warning. Terrible commentary..
Haha I love Robbie Koenig personally. "No waaaaaay, Roger. That's ridiculous. Like a mongoose on amphetamines." One of his most hilarious ones. :face-with-tears-of-joy:Frew MacMillan as you mentioned was great too.