Suits?

markus1

Club Member
Reactions
nah, there are so many shows
I do not manage to watch the old ones, so I even do not start watching new :)
Suits.. is it good?

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
1972Murat said:
I am just wondering if anyone is following the tv show Suits.

It's really enjoyable. The first two seasons are extremely good. In the show's own words, it's a "dramedy." Don't get me wrong, it's far from a comedy, but it's really funny and makes for some great "light" viewing.

I do think the past season was a touch predictable and some elements have become a touch repetitive, but it could still pick up again next season.

I think you should give it a try.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
1972Murat said:
I have not missed an episode. The Louis Litt Character for me is just amazing. He was again very powerful this year, especially the season finale.

Yup, I loved the shift in Louis from goofy (which don't get me wrong, is awesome and absolutely hilarious) to serious/emotional/no BS in the finale. Interested in seeing where it goes. Louis is definitely the standout of the show for me. You just got Litt up!

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah, this is a show that improved rapidly in the first series. We began to watch it earlier in the year on Netflix, and gave it up after five episodes as being too lightweight and contrived, the stories being too easily resolved, the characters being cardboard cutout types, with the usual gimmicky tics and accessories.

But somewhere along the first series they found their way, maybe around the sixth or seventh episode, things became a little deeper, less predictable, and the buddy relationship between Harvey and Mike was less far-fetched. They got into longer story arcs and developed things a lot more. It's still, as Broken said, a light show, but it's good now, and we're in season two, the power struggle, and finding it a lot more interesting. And yeah, Louis is a great character, the actor is fabulous, but the cast is very good in this one, all of them handsome (except Louis) and the dames sexy, especially Laurence Fishbourne's missus, Gina Torres... :heart:

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Broken_Shoelace said:
1972Murat said:

It's really enjoyable. The first two seasons are extremely good. In the show's own words, it's a "dramedy." Don't get me wrong, it's far from a comedy, but it's really funny and makes for some great "light" viewing.

I do think the past season was a touch predictable and some elements have become a touch repetitive, but it could still pick up again next season.

I think you should give it a try.

I couldn't agree more. First 2 series captivated me. I've got the last season recorded and I'm only half way thru. Normally I just go thru episode by episode. But for some reason I'm stuck! :puzzled

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
Kieran said:
Yeah, this is a show that improved rapidly in the first series. We began to watch it earlier in the year on Netflix, and gave it up after five episodes as being too lightweight and contrived, the stories being too easily resolved, the characters being cardboard cutout types, with the usual gimmicky tics and accessories.

But somewhere along the first series they found their way, maybe around the sixth or seventh episode, things became a little deeper, less predictable, and the buddy relationship between Harvey and Mike was less far-fetched. They got into longer story arcs and developed things a lot more. It's still, as Broken said, a light show, but it's good now, and we're in season two, the power struggle, and finding it a lot more interesting. And yeah, Louis is a great character, the actor is fabulous, but the cast is very good in this one, all of them handsome (except Louis) and the dames sexy, especially Laurence Fishbourne's missus, Gina Torres... :heart:

Nothing wrong with Gina Torres, but I am totally in love with Donna (Sarah Rafferty) :heart::heart:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah, two words: cleave...age. :hug

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
1972Murat said:

Can't believe I missed this thread...

I think I might have told tented about it when it premiered. My son and I have watched ever since. The dialogue is often rapid fire and quite good . Good character development over the years, great chemistry, and believable villains most of the time.

And then there is Louis Litt. :snicker

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Another great character is Daniel Hardman. Still watching series 2, but the bloke makes Louis look like a virtuous innocent...

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Kieran said:
Another great character is Daniel Hardman. Still watching series 2, but the bloke makes Louis look like a virtuous innocent...

He's what I mean by "believable villains". Everything about him makes you dislike him.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
nehmeth said:
Kieran said:

He's what I mean by "believable villains". Everything about him makes you dislike him.

Yeah, a well-acted plausible bass turd. I don't think I knew any of the actors in this show from anywhere else. Goes to show the depth of talent available, and how good these shows are at making smart television...

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Season 5 and Daniel Hardman is back!! Saw the preview for next week and there he was.