Star Wars 7

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Harrison Ford (Han Solo), Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia), Mark Hamill (Luke SKywalker) have all been confirmed to appear in the next Star Wars movie - the first one under Disney since they bought out LucasFilm.

http://www.movieweb.com/news/harrison-ford-is-co-leading-star-wars-7-as-han-solo

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
^I think they have Billy Dee Williams (Lando) coming back too.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
DarthFed said:

He's not listed on IMDb, but that site could be a bit behind:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2488496/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

It's a tricky situation Abrams is creating. On one hand, he needs to attract a young crowd (they're the ones who buy the majority of tickets, of course), yet he's casting actors who are in their sixties and seventies in order to please long-time fans. I hope it works.

But please: no Jar-Jar Binks!

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Lucas lost the plot with Return of the Jedi and the first two prequels. The third prequel was half decent. The digitally remastered versions also show Greedo in the original film (Episode IV) shooting at Solo first - basically missing at point blank range. It's politically correct crap. In the original film, Solo just shot him dead in cold blood.

I'm hoping Disney recapture a little grit. Star Wars (the original, now Episode IV) was a great movie and ahead of it's time, and the Empire Strikes Back was much grittier and not sugercoated.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
britbox said:
Lucas lost the plot with Return of the Jedi and the first two prequels. The third prequel was half decent. The digitally remastered versions also show Greedo in the original film (Episode IV) shooting at Solo first - basically missing at point blank range. It's politically correct crap. In the original film, Solo just shot him dead in cold blood.

I'm hoping Disney recapture a little grit. Star Wars (the original, now Episode IV) was a great movie and ahead of it's time, and the Empire Strikes Back was much grittier and not sugercoated.

I disagree, Lucas made a mistake with the silly JarJar character but Darth Maul was an excellent villain.. he needs to keep it dark imo

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
britbox said:

I disagree, Lucas made a mistake with the silly JarJar character but Darth Maul was an excellent villain.. he needs to keep it dark imo

Yeah, Darth Maul was pretty decent but Episode 1 was dreadful in general. Episode 2 got a little better and Episode 3 was good. I thought Hayden Christensen who played Anakin was pretty poor in general. Not sure what you think of Return of the Jedi, but I think Lucas ruined that movie with the Ewoks. Teddy bears with sticks defeating armed Imperial Stormtroopers.... it became ridiculous.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
tented said:
DarthFed said:

It's a tricky situation Abrams is creating. On one hand, he needs to attract a young crowd (they're the ones who buy the majority of tickets, of course), yet he's casting actors who are in their sixties and seventies in order to please long-time fans. I hope it works.

From what I hear the plot will center around Luke's kids and Han and Leia's kids. So the original characters will likely have minor roles or, at the very least, they won't be the main characters. I too am hoping there won't be any Jar-Jar Binks or ewok types. Disney should learn their lesson from Lucas.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
britbox said:
the AntiPusher said:
britbox said:

Yeah, Darth Maul was pretty decent but Episode 1 was dreadful in general. Episode 2 got a little better and Episode 3 was good. I thought Hayden Christensen who played Anakin was pretty poor in general. Not sure what you think of Return of the Jedi, but I think Lucas ruined that movie with the Ewoks. Teddy bears with sticks defeating armed Imperial Stormtroopers.... it became ridiculous.

No teddy bears.. I think Lucas does this to keep the interest and harness the fears for the 8 years and under

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
tented said:
DarthFed said:

I dont know why he is bringing back the old fogies.. EMg (Obiwan) has been an excellent actor and he has carried the franchise fwd with the limited material that Lucas has provided him

tented

Administrator
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
tented said:
DarthFed said:

I dont know why he is bringing back the old fogies.. EMg (Obiwan) has been an excellent actor and he has carried the franchise fwd with the limited material that Lucas has provided him

I agree. McGregor did the majority of the acting worth mentioning in I-III. Hayden Christensen was almost unwatchable.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
tented said:
the AntiPusher said:
tented said:
DarthFed said:

I agree. McGregor did the majority of the acting worth mentioning in I-III. Hayden Christensen was almost unwatchable.

Hayden Christensen was almost unwatchable as any Ben Affleck role.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
tented said:
the AntiPusher said:
tented said:
DarthFed said:

Hayden Christensen was almost unwatchable as any Ben Affleck role.

Weren't you the one who pointed us towards a petition to keep Affleck from becoming the next Batman?