[Scoop Malinowski] Xavier Malisse’s Number One Fan

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
[Scoop Malinowski] Xavier Malisse’s Number One Fan

Scoop has been out and about with the fans...

Not everyone is an avid follower of the Big 4, so an interesting take on the unlikeliest of fans for one of the more unlikely players.

http://www.tennisfrontier.com/blogs/scoop/xavier-malisse-fan/

Anyone else with interesting tales on why they support a less celebrated player? (I'm looking at you Chewy and Herios!!)

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
RE: [Scoop] Xavier Malisse’s Number One Fan

Its amazing to think he's been around as long as Roger Federer. He's made it to one Slam SF, 2002 Wimbledon, but never make it past the 4R at any other. He's only made one ATP 1000 QF, and won 3 ATP 250 tournaments. His highest ranking was#19 in August of 2002 (after that Wimbledon SF), but he was generally ranked in the #40-60 range, sort of a quintessential player of that ranking.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

Potito Starace. First it was the name and it made me think of Potato Starch. Then I saw the guy and his resemblance to a family member was uncanny. So, for years I cheered him on. Still has never won ATP singles title, and probably won't. :cover

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

My recent charity causes have been Brian Baker and Mardy Fish. I love both of their games. I root for all the Americans, but them in particular, in spite of the fact that Isner is the only guy with a puncher's chance.