Roland Garros Day 4: Wednesday, May 28 - Order of Play

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
fashionista said:
Congratulations to Talyor Townsend a good win over a tricky opponent in Cornet.
(her win brightened my day).

If she doesn't keel over one day! She's a throw-back to the 70's with that girth; OMG! :nono :puzzled :s :huh:

Moose

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
fashionista said:
Congratulations to Talyor Townsend a good win over a tricky opponent in Cornet.
(her win brightened my day).

Taylor's got big time game, and I think she might be the brightest of all the young American prospects in the long haul. This was a great win for her.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
^ Taylor is a very talented young player.It will be interesting to watch her progress in the future.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
^ In regards to her weight around the middle.I feel with the right conditioning Taylor will lose that (tummy problem).

RJD11

Major Winner
Reactions
#Maria Sharapova......Cartwheels!!!

For Maria the door is open .....Good Luck

on GS Number 5

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
fashionista said:
^ In regards to her weight around the middle.I feel with the right conditioning Taylor will lose that (tummy problem).

I think you're right. She has a huge game. Although in terms of brightest future, she, sloane, and keys have huge potential. It's amazing when people say american tennis is suffering, it's american men's tennis. I she's wrong when she dismisses the criticism as bodies come in all sizes, when while for non-pro athlete people, a little extra-weight is no big deal. But for an athlete like her it's could become a competitive liability, as your body is having to work harder than other players.

Oh and hi WTA forum. I am listening to RG radio while working, so I have been more abreast of WTA than usual.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Riotbeard said:
fashionista said:

I think you're right. She has a huge game. Although in terms of brightest future, she, sloane, and keys have huge potential. It's amazing when people say american tennis is suffering, it's american men's tennis. I she's wrong when she dismisses the criticism as bodies come in all sizes, when while for non-pro athlete people, a little extra-weight is no big deal. But for an athlete like her it's could become a competitive liability, as your body is having to work harder than other players.

Oh and hi WTA forum. I am listening to RG radio while working, so I have been more abreast of WTA than usual.

I agree with your thoughts to me American women's tennis has a bright future,it is the American's mens tennis that is suffering at the present time.

In regards to Taylor,carrying extra weight can be a liability,agree your body is having to work harder than other players.Still she is only 17,she has time to work on her physical condition.

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Sundaymorningguy said:
Embarrassing display from Serena with all those errors.

actually she got outplayed and beat. Garbine took it to her and kept the pressure on, didn't give her easy points and rubbed her of time on many occasions. Cant always attribute all losses to Serena playing poorly.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
ricardo said:
Sundaymorningguy said:
Embarrassing display from Serena with all those errors.

actually she got outplayed and beat. Garbine took it to her and kept the pressure on, didn't give her easy points and rubbed her of time on many occasions. Cant always attribute all losses to Serena playing poorly.

People make out this is such a rare occurrence; rampant errors off the rackets of Venus and Serena! It happens! Just 2 years ago both went out early again; with leads!

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
taylor townsend is 18yrs old. (april 16th 1996).

she wasn't just 'given' a wildcard for French open..she had to win a qualifying tourney in usa to get it, nothing wrong with that but it highlights the unequal and random manner that wc get awarded for majors.

jhar26

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
fashionista said:
In regards to Taylor,carrying extra weight can be a liability,agree your body is having to work harder than other players.Still she is only 17,she has time to work on her physical condition.
Yes, I agree. She is an incredible ball striker, but she can only play on the front foot and can't defend at all. The best players are always going to be able to exploit that. She may have a good career the way she is on talent alone, but she's never gonna be as great as she could be without doing something aboout that. The thing she needs to work on most of all is not her game but her frame. I know that may sound a bit harsh and not PC, but this is sports. Davenport should be her role model in this regard. She was also a great ball striker who was doing very well for herself but who only reached the next level once she got rid of all that extra weight.