Props to Carmelo Anthony: single-game scoring record for MSG....

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
He had 62 points tonight, breaking the previous records of Bernard King (60) and Kobe (61).

I caught parts of the second half. What a performance.

Hopefully this turns the Knicks season around. They have lost a bunch of very close games, but the East is wide open. Plus, before Amare got hurt, he was playing outstanding. He was finally staying in the post (something he has refused to do throughout his career) and putting on a clinic of excellent post moves. With him back in a couple games, they should be able to get back on track - the idiotic calls for trading Melo and JR notwithstanding.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah I saw that, an incredible game for sure. But also the record you speak of is the all time single game record at MSG. I think it is a team record as well. And the crazy thing is I heard he was taken out with 7 minutes to go because it was such a blowout. I know for Kobe's 81 they left him in until the end even with the game well in hand and I didn't fault them for that, would've been cool if they kept Melo in. He likely wouldn't have hit 81 but maybe 70+.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
JR Smith won't get traded because I don't see who would want him. Not due to his performances, but due to how much of a headache he can be.

And yeah, trading Carmelo wouldn't make sense. I'm a bit bummed out they took him out with 7-8 minutes remaining. Surely he would have gotten over 70, especially shooting at such a high percentage, and the fact that the Bobcats were pretty much toast so it's not like he was going to get guarded well (something they had failed to do all game anyway).

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
Crap..I was watching the Raps while Anthony was doing his thing. Congrats to him. I remember Kobe's 81 all to well since it was dropped on my Raps.

Jr Smith could go to any team and undo his teammates laces after matches. He seems to like that.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Looking at this list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Basketball_Association_players_with_most_points_in_a_game

Wilt with 6 games over 70 and 15 of 65 or more. Just insane.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well, it looks like the big game by Carmelo last Friday has indeed spurred a run by the Knicks. Next up for them is the big showdown on Saturday night with the Heat.

The Knicks are clearly the most talented offensive team in the NBA with Carmelo, JR, and Amare (and a budding Tim Hardaway), and they are also the most talented team in the Eastern Conference. Both the Heat and Pacers are offensively challenged in very significant ways. I really can't wait for the Knicks to get a crack at those teams in the playoffs. They are clearly better and more talented. Hopefully their current momentum keeps on going into the postseason and they can teach those boring, hilariously overhyped teams (Indiana and Miami, but especially Indiana) a lesson.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Well the Knicks can beat the Heat. They already proven that this season. Can they do it on Sat? It's a good possibility. I saw the Heat get blown out by OKC the other day. They've also suffered some other head scratching losses this year. It's entirely possible.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
He's talking about the playoffs though. The Knicks aren't beating any good team in the playoffs (ie the Pacers and Heat are the only good teams in the East anyways). They had their chance to reach the ECF last year, they will have a chance to get to the 2nd round if they get to #6 or higher.