Pass the Baton

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
I assure you significant efforts have been made to do so, however ...

Honest suggestion, aren't we expecting things to go too fast on that thread? If everyone answers in a day, with the size of our active community, I don't know, we loop around in less than two months for sure. Considering interested posters maybe two weeks. So as a suggestion to that thread and actually to this one as well, maybe we could spare some time to comment on the answers, and then "pass the baton". I know everyone is welcomed to comment already, but still..

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Honest suggestion, aren't we expecting things to go too fast on that thread? If everyone answers in a day, with the size of our active community, I don't know, we loop around in less than two months for sure. Considering interested posters maybe two weeks. So as a suggestion to that thread and actually to this one as well, maybe we could spare some time to comment on the answers, and then "pass the baton". I know everyone is welcomed to comment already, but still..

Your patience is admirable. You must be from a different country as I think waiting on responses for more than 2 days is way too fucking long B-)

tented

Administrator
Reactions
@brokenshoelace @DarthFed @mrzz

I moved these most recent three posts to this thread in order to give Broken’s thread a fresh, uncluttered beginning.

I’m perfectly OK with a slow pace for these kinds of threads, but the problem has been getting people to participate at all. I’ve pm’ed many users, either asking them if they would be willing to go next, or pointing out that they have been tagged, and most people don’t respond.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I like this idea...that people can comment on answers. Also, remember that tented suggested that people add a question. I went back to one from Broken (about riskiest thing) but I did hesitate a bit, since my turn had past. But I think we should. It seems the point is to generate conversation, even though I did feel a bit shy. (No, really, I did.)

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Okay I will have a go,where are the questions?
Great! These are the original questions:

1. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
  2. What is your biggest fear?
  3. What is your favorite book to read?
  4. What is your favorite movie?
  5. What makes you laugh the most?
  6. What is your favorite game or sport to watch and play?
  7. Who would you want to be stranded with on a deserted island?
  8. If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to?
  9. What is one thing you will never do again?
  10. If you were to add a question to this list, what would it be? (Please add, and answer.)
So, you can add/answer a question. I think BB added any car you would have, Broken added the riskiest thing you've ever done. Answer some, or all, as you choose.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Great! These are the original questions:

1. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
  2. What is your biggest fear?
  3. What is your favorite book to read?
  4. What is your favorite movie?
  5. What makes you laugh the most?
  6. What is your favorite game or sport to watch and play?
  7. Who would you want to be stranded with on a deserted island?
  8. If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to?
  9. What is one thing you will never do again?
  10. If you were to add a question to this list, what would it be? (Please add, and answer.)
So, you can add/answer a question. I think BB added any car you would have, Broken added the riskiest thing you've ever done. Answer some, or all, as you choose.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Oh, and then you're supposed to nominate someone else to play next. :)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
1. No hesitation I would live in Florence.I love art and Florence has many great art galleries.I have seen the sculpture of David about 10 times over the years and it still gives me chills every time,also living in Florence is a hop,skip and jump to another wonderful place that I love is Tuscany.

My biggest fear is growing older and being alone,also living in Australia I also fear snakes.

I have two favorite books 1984 by George Orwell and A Portrait Of A Lady by Henry James

I also have 2 favorite movies 2001 Space Odyssey and Blade Runner.

My two Bombay Kittens,who are little characters in their own way.,make me laugh every day.

I learnt to play tennis very young and still love to watch and play the game today.

George Clooney and I on a desert island stranded.....yes please:)

I love Ancient History and I would love to go back to the Inca's which began settling in the Andes Mountains of Central Peru around the year 1200.One of the things on my bucket list is to trek Machu Picchu.

I will never attempt water skiing again,my husband barefoots...show off:)

Any car I would love to have....Aston Martin....I cannot believe Rafa has one,I saw a video of him driving his Kia,I hope his driving has improved since then:)

I will pass the baton to Hoergren.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I love that, @MargaretMcAleer! Note that is two votes for George Clooney, as I picked him, too. ;)

@Hoergren: Hopefully you will see this and pick up the thread.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
No hesitation I would live in Florence.I love art and Florence has many great art galleries.

Wonderful pick! I still remember one afternoon at the Palazzo Pitti, it was October during the week so the city was empty. I was in a room all alone, not even security guards there, wtih two Rafael's Madonnas that I love (amongst other paintings of his). I guess I spent an hour there, having it all for me, annoyed by the occasional passer-by... I figure this would ordinary for anyone who lives there... but good luck with the flood of tourists in summer.

One of the things on my bucket list is to trek Machu Picchu.

If you haven't been there already one way or another, don't miss it for anything. Peru is a fantastic place, not only Machu Picchu but all the way from Cusco and the Sacred Valley, actually much more than that. Kind, educated people, absurd geography and the awesome Inca culture. You are routinely 2 miles high or more so you need to prepare for that.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Wonderful pick! I still remember one afternoon at the Palazzo Pitti, it was October during the week so the city was empty. I was in a room all alone, not even security guards there, wtih two Rafael's Madonnas that I love (amongst other paintings of his). I guess I spent an hour there, having it all for me, annoyed by the occasional passer-by... I figure this would ordinary for anyone who lives there... but good luck with the flood of tourists in summer.

If you haven't been there already one way or another, don't miss it for anything. Peru is a fantastic place, not only Machu Picchu but all the way from Cusco and the Sacred Valley, actually much more than that. Kind, educated people, absurd geography and the awesome Inca culture. You are routinely 2 miles high or more so you need to prepare for that.

My two friends went to Machu Picchu two years ago.They both advised me to take altitude tablets.They also said it was the 'most magical place' they had ever visited.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
My favorite all time song is ...Leonard Cohen's 'Hallelujah.....I saw him live 4 times,I know other artists have done a cover version,still no one can match Cohen's voice.....closely followed by Led Zepplin's 'Stairway To Heaven' my fav Rock and Roll band Ever'.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
My favorite all time song is ...Leonard Cohen's 'Hallelujah.....I saw him live 4 times,I know other artists have done a cover version,still no one can match Cohen's voice.....closely followed by Led Zepplin's 'Stairway To Heaven' my fav Rock and Roll band Ever'.
Oh, I do absolutely love that song, and Leonard Cohen. I'm so envious you saw him live. Also love Zeppelin.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
One of my favorite songs of all time is Joan Baez' cover of Cohen's Famous Blue Raincoat. I admit I can barely stand hearing the original though... oddly enough the lyrics are quite good even if there are a lot of references to scientology!!!! :facepalm:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O Odds and Ends 2
Moxie Odds and Ends 36