Looking for a miracle.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Manchester City should wrap up their second Premier League title in 3 years tomorrow...

Still... we can hope for a miracle. If City lose at home against West Ham and Liverpool beat Newcastle then the title returns to Anfield (it's spiritual home :) ) for the 19th time and first time in 24 years.

Andy Carroll could finally justify the 35 million Liverpool paid for him a few years ago if he pulls off the ultimate shock in a West Ham shirt.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm hoping for that too. If City don't score early on, it could become interesting, but it's a very long shot. I'd prefer Liverpool to win it, not least because City are just another thrashy rich club with players who don't care and a manager who's on a day to day rolling contract.

I wonder why both matches don't start the the same time?

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Kieran said:
I'm hoping for that too. If City don't score early on, it could become interesting, but it's a very long shot. I'd prefer Liverpool to win it, not least because City are just another thrashy rich club with players who don't care and a manager who's on a day to day rolling contract.

I wonder why both matches don't start the the same time?

Don't they?? I thought it was mandatory that all games on the last day of the season started at the same time.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Sorry, you're right! I thought I read somewhere that City were playing an hour earlier...

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Really hoping Liverpool somehow win it. Not sure why, but I've been rooting for them this season in England.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
1972Murat said:
I wanted Liverpool to win it all but last week was just...bad. Of curse you can look at a lot of points during a season but last week was unforgivable.

To be honest, if you asked any Liverpool fan if they would take their current position and odds at the start of the season, you'd have had thousands biting your hand off.

Whatever happens tomorrow... it's been a far better season than everyone expected. I thought we might challenge for champions league qualification at the beginning of the season but never expected us to challenge for the title. So in short, it's been good. Rodgers should get £60-80 million to spend in the summer to shore up the defence and bring in reinforcements. We'll be challenging again next year.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow!

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
britbox said:
To be honest, if you asked any Liverpool fan if they would take their current position and odds at the start of the season, you'd have had thousands biting your hand off.

They'd have to get past Suarez first :laydownlaughing

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Will you get to watch it, Britbox?

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yeah, I'm up watching it. One match on Foxtel on TV and the other on Foxtel Go on the Ipad.

This doesn't just require a miracle.... it requires the second coming.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
City 2-0 and West Ham look like a pub team. Typical Sam Allardyce team - 2 down and still 10 players behind the ball. God help the fans who watch that crap every week.

Liverpool have just equalized but unless I see JC himself warming up as one of the West Ham subs, then this is done.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
britbox said:
Liverpool have just equalized but unless I see JC himself warming up as one of the West Ham subs, then this is done.

Jordi Cruyff? I mean he's good but he's not his father.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
So, wait…didn't Liverpool win? Is it over? (Or, as far as I can tell with football…it's never over.)

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
No, Liverpool dropped some points in the 2 games before the last match and ended up coming second to Manchester City.

Not good... but generally a much better season than originally expected.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
How's the mood among Liverpool fans? Disgusted? Or hopeful? Brooding over it? Resentful?