help me to deside

noam

Reactions
Hello
My real name I will not say because of a desire not recognize me.
Today I was 13. I play tennis competitively for a year now (my country ranking is 102).
Sports have a work ethic and a desire and motivation to succeed and advance.
I work out five days a week and 20 hours of total work hard. Coaches saw me and none of them think I'm a talent but I believe I do. I know that if I keep working at this rate I will be a good actor. But on the other hand I honor student in school and many teachers expect me to do many projects and represent my school, I refused them due to tennis.

In my school there is a special track for outstanding students we learn subjects prepared us to the world of computers and science course I will teach until late hours and it may come at the expense of tennis. I understand What is the importance of education today. This week I have to choose if I go this route or not.
Here the problem on one side of tennis I love so much and want to specialize in the other hand and school education are equally important in tennis. And you can not combine them.
Please help me decide!!!!!!!!!!!!
:cry:cry:cry

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
noam said:
Hello
My real name I will not say because of a desire not recognize me.
Today I was 13. I play tennis competitively for a year now (my country ranking is 102).
Sports have a work ethic and a desire and motivation to succeed and advance.

I work out five days a week and 20 hours of total work hard. Coaches saw me and none of them think I'm a talent but I believe I do. I know that if I keep working at this rate I will be a good actor. But on the other hand I honor student in school and many teachers expect me to do many projects and represent my school, I refused them due to tennis.

In my school there is a special track for outstanding students we learn subjects prepared us to the world of computers and science course I will teach until late hours and it may come at the expense of tennis. I understand What is the importance of education today. This week I have to choose if I go this route or not.
Here the problem on one side of tennis I love so much and want to specialize in the other hand and school education are equally important in tennis. And you can not combine them.
Please help me decide!!!!!!!!!!!!
:cry:cry:cry

Happy birthday, noam, and welcome. I'm sure your parents, teachers and coaches are advising you, too, and they know you. To the extent that we could even possibly advise you, I will say this:

- 13 is a very young age to start neglecting your (promising, it seems,) academic track in favor of tennis.

- Professional sport is a very uncertain road. Many promising juniors have fallen short, or been injured, before they even reach the bigger stages. And tennis is expensive before it pays off, if it ever does, with travel and coaching, etc.

- I bolded two comments of yours above, addressing work ethic, and the impossibility of combining studies and tennis: If you have that strong work ethic and commitment, you can try to balance both. It will likely come at the expense of everything else in your life, like your social life. It will also require intense focus and dedication. If, at 16 or 17, your tennis starts to emerge as a plausible vocation, you'll at least have a solid academic foundation to return to, when tennis is over. Neglecting your studies now doesn't seem wise, to me.

I hope that helps. Best of luck.

K

Kenneth

To quit school and be in an environment where the coaches do not support you? It is best if you stick to your classes and practice tennis when you have time for it. Otherwise you will be left without studies and find yourself in an uncertain situation regarding the tennis career.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
You say in your message that "Coaches saw me and none of them think that I have talent,
but I think I do" (slightly paraphrased). That thing is bothering me. Generally speaking.
if you do have the talent coaches will be able to recognize it IMO.

Having said that, I like your attitude of believing in yourself despite what others say.
That is an important mindset to have for a winner.

But, I agree with other who say 13 is too young to take risk, especially without other's
support. Wait until at least you finish high school before trying to make tennis full time.