Froch v Groves II

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Any interest in this?

It's certainly captured the imagination of the UK public. 80,000 tickets sold for Wembley stadium. Pay per view on Sky Sports and televised by HBO. I've enjoyed the the hype so much I'll be buying it in on Foxtel Main Event in Oz.

Froch won the first fight on a very controversial stoppage. One of the worst I can remember in recent times. Groves had dropped him in the first round and nearly had him out of there.

Lots of bad blood, a good initial fight and both from the same county. Good recipe.

Neither guy is the best in the world... that mantle goes to Andre Ward, but they sell tickets as they are both bang a bit and are defensively vulnerable.

Most people I know are edging toward Froch. Personally I'm edging toward Groves, but it's a "pick em" fight.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
JesuslookslikeBorg. said:
that mouthy clown ended up on his arse...again.

Well, he didn't actually end up on his arse in the first fight... I guess that's why the ended up having the rematch. I had Froch ahead 4-3 going into the round although some others had Groves.

Peach of a punch from Froch though. I was amazed Groves even attempted to get up because I think he was totally sparked out for a couple of seconds.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
britbox said:
JesuslookslikeBorg. said:
that mouthy clown ended up on his arse...again.

Well, he didn't actually end up on his arse in the first fight... I guess that's why the ended up having the rematch. I had Froch ahead 4-3 going into the round although some others had Groves.

Peach of a punch from Froch though. I was amazed Groves even attempted to get up because I think he was totally sparked out for a couple of seconds.

yes lol..I suppose he didn't end up on his bottom in fight no1..but he still talks too much..i bet the punch froch destroyed groves with in fight 2 must have felt beyond awesone (not for groves tho:snigger), I dunno why more title fights arnt in stadiums..the mcguigan-pedrosa 1985 fight at Wembley springs to mind.

sid

Masters Champion
Reactions
Groves looked like he was coming into the fight,before he got put on his arse.One thing I looked @ was in this fight,ring size was smaller,that was in froch's favour.Groves tried to save for the back end of the fight,maybe he should have gone in like the 1st fight?.I can not see another fight with these 2 so congarts the Froch.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Some observers had Groves ahead... I had him one behind going into the eighth round but he was coming into it and looked to be the one getting stronger. He's going to have to take a step back now and we'll see how he reacts to a first knockout loss.

Froch has signed to fight James DeGale in his next defence.

sid

Masters Champion
Reactions
Now Groves signed with promoters Kalle and Nisse Sauerland I guess AA might be next.Froch v DeGale should be a good watch,i'd say DeGale might be stronger down the back end of the fight.