ptrguy

In the Locker Room
Reactions
Tired of losing to players that you know you should be beating?

If so.

Check out this free online e-course here.

The biggest mistake that most players make is not knowing the game that they are really playing.

Because it isn't tennis.

Here is the deal.

Once a player reaches a certain level and starts competing in tournaments.

They will stop playing tennis at that time and start playing the mental game.

Then their results will be determined by how well you learn how to play it.

The message here is this, " You are not playing tennis, but you are playing the mental game."

Okay.

That being said.

Are you ready to take your mental game to another level?

Of course, YOU are!!

Ross Wilson

A Tennis Coach
Reactions
Website
tennishold.com
I agree with with an op to some extent. Tennis is a combo of your skills and mental toughness. As you grow more and reach professional tennis level, your mental skills must be hardened by then. If not, you need to practice and make your mind more skillful and balanced for playing higher level professional tennis matches.

The very first mistake I believe most professional level tennis players make is they focus much more on the results rather than the actual winning process or strategy. Focusing more on results always diverts your mind and it will not help you much to focus on your actual winning strategy.

The second biggest mental mistake most players do is they do not control their temperament if anything goes wrong during the game. I have seen many players who easily get disturbed and then they lose their temper when something goes against their wish. In this case, they already lose their game to their opponent who is often more cool and peaceful than you. So, in this case practicing meditation and yoga will certainly help the tennis players who are dealing with their anger issues.

Just my two cents.

Reactions: ptrguy

ptrguy

In the Locker Room
Reactions
I agree with you there and great coaching points as well!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ptrguy Playing Tennis 0
T Playing Tennis 2