Few confusions regarding the construction of the tennis court

T

Tennison

Hi all,
I know that this would be the best platform to ask this question. Recently I bought a home in Toronto. And behind our home, there is a plot. So, I was just thinking of constructing a tennis court in that space. From childhood, I just love that game and I'm still loving it. But regarding the construction, few confusions are still pending. When I searched for the different types of tennis courts which will last long, I was across Asphalt, hotmix, Har-tru and Acrylic surfaces. Got really confused in selecting a good one for the construction. So, I would like you to get your suggestions on this.
Waiting for some quick replies.
Thanks in advance

Ross Wilson

A Tennis Coach
Reactions
Website
tennishold.com
Hey this is the question that one of my friends also asked me recently as he is also about to plan for new tennis court construction. As far as my knowledge is concerned, I think the weakest and less durable court is green grass court and the toughest and most durable court is obviously hard tennis court. This hard tennis court is often made using either Asphalt or Concrete material.

Now it entirely depends on you what kind of material you want to use. But do not forget to plan out proper tennis court dimensions that are in accordance with ITF approved measurements. I read this article about tennis court dimensions that will also help you to properly plan out your actual tennis court width, size and fencing and net height measurements.

I wish you best of luck.