Ferguson's Book

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Anyone read Alex Ferguson's book yet?

The former Man United manager has managed to rock the apple cart with a few excerpts... A few digs at some of his best players - namely Keane and Beckham. A good few not unexpected digs at Liverpool - the silliest being that Steven Gerrard wasn't a top player...

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Well, he tried to sign Gerrard, so that's an odd one.

He's right about Keane and Beckham - but was he right to go public with it? One of the flaming ironies of this book is that we have Keane, who walked out on his country and then turned on everybody at Man Utd, having the upper hand in discussing loyalty, because he has a point: what happens in the dressing room should stay there.

However, in Fergie's defence, all these incidents were previously made public knowledge, so he has the right to wade in with his version. He still doesn't know who hit him with the pizza, by the way.

It might be a good read, but I'll wait to get it from the library. Along with Eamon Dunphy's and Morrissey's, which I'm expecting to be his typical bedsit groan, even though the chap is in his fifties...

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Typical "say something controversial to sell your book" even if it is means coming off as disloyal or state something downright irrational and/or stupid.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
talking of ol purple nose when is he going to stop haunting david moyes..:emperor:

everytime he turns around its hovering nearby him again..'fergies ghost'..home or away match, you'd think after 41yrs of going to football grounds every week he might find somewhere else to go on planet earth other than sunderland away in January :snigger

oh I was forgetting his recent holiday with norman whiteside and russ abbot in the west indies :laydownlaughing