EASY FINAL

Infra - red

Reactions
This title looks bizarre in itself. How can a final be easy? It should be the hardest or one of the hardest match of the tournament. But the last tournament I played had the same bizzare thing. It becomes more strange when the semi final was very sweating.
In semi final, I defeated my opponent , Sam by a scoreline of 5-7 8-6 4-6 7-5 6-4. It was a very tough game and it could go any way. I was wondering what could be the next and how tiring? But it was exactly that didn't happened at all. The final match was infact, a no competition. In the first set , I tried to take lead as I was serving first. Iwon the first game quite easily. Then I went on to break his service. I defeated him 6-0 in the first set. In the second set, I again won the first game but this time he levelled it. With the help of some aces , I took the lead of 4-1. He won another game but I soon closed the game by a scoreline of 6-2. In the second set , he was completely out of track. He was even struggling for scoring a single point. It doesn't take more than 20 minutes to defeat him 6-0 in the third set and about 1 hour 25 minutes to defeat him 6-0 6-2 6-0. It was as if I was playing a first round match. In fact, in first round , my opponent was easy but he gave me much harder fight than the finalist. I had passed the first round by defeating my opponent by 6-3 6-0 6-1. But the final match was unexpectedly very easy. He was not looking injured or ill too but his shots were very weak and slow. We simply shake hands and went away. But I didn't noticed any fault in his movement which suggested that he was all right. Only some disappointment was apparent omn his face which is not strange after losing a final like that. Not even a single game reached to deuce. Most of the time, I won the game 40-15. In some sets in which I served, I smashed two aces and defeated him 40-0.
Everyone was surprised at the scoreline but not more than me. I had not played any final match like that after moving to a higher grade.
Have you ever played such final matches which stunned you and were unexpectedly very easy like the above?

Last edited: