Deconstructing The Police - Every Breath You Take (Isolated Tracks)

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It's worth pointing out that, as much as I love The Police and this song, it is a creepy stalker anthem.

Reactions: Vince Evert

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It's worth pointing out that, as much as I love The Police and this song, it is a creepy stalker anthem.
Yes it does have a dark tone... "I'll be watching you"..."You belong to me". And also the black and white video.

Reactions: Moxie

Chris Koziarz

Masters Champion
Reactions

official video:

From the technical point of view, the bass or second section above (that my ear always picks up as the "foundation" of any pop song) usually defines if the piece is interesting or boring or plain rubbish. This one has some not bad bass passage in the chorus, although the verse is not very original C-B-F-G-C sequence (that B adds some interesting flavour). Also the overall construction of the song is very repetitive, no key changes nothing extraordinary.
Overall, with rest of the band sounding good on that foundation, not bad: I would rate most "famous" pop pieces as more boring than this one, although I also know many better/more interesting ones. Still, this one makes my top 20%.
I'm not judging the lyrics here (or the value of lyrics in the context of music at hand) I let others do it.

Reactions: Vince Evert

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
From the technical point of view, the bass or second section above (that my ear always picks up as the "foundation" of any pop song) usually defines if the piece is interesting or boring or plain rubbish. This one has some not bad bass passage in the chorus, although the verse is not very original C-B-F-G-C sequence (that B adds some interesting flavour). Also the overall construction of the song is very repetitive, no key changes nothing extraordinary.
Overall, with rest of the band sounding good on that foundation, not bad: I would rate most "famous" pop pieces as more boring than this one, although I also know many better/more interesting ones. Still, this one makes my top 20%.
I'm not judging the lyrics here (or the value of lyrics in the context of music at hand) I let others do it.

I'd love to know how they do this (what software program), the various "deconstruction" mixes. These are, for the most part, nicely done vids but they don't usually remain long over on youtube, especially the Beatles.

Last edited:

tented

Administrator
Reactions
but they don't usually remain long over on youtube, especially the Beatles.
Copyrighted material is being removed very quickly these days. Some companies are more attuned to it than others, but it’s almost a waste of time to upload anything with copyrighted content.