Babolat "Decima"

racketbuzz

Reactions
I want to treat myself to a really good racquet and have a budget of between $350 and $400. I'm looking at the "Decima" by a new racquet by Babolat which was launched in February of this year.

It's a collector's racquet as it has the 10 dates of Nadal's Roland Garros titles on the frame and as I'm only a so-so and infrequent player it might just end up being an investment!

But if I pay that bit more for good equipment I will be more motivated to get "out there" and play more. I'm currently looking for playing buddies, singles, doubles and mixed doubles. I travel a lot so it's not easy.
What do you think of Babolat racquets for enthusiastic amateurs?

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
While Babolat is a fine brand, I wouldn't spend money (speaking for myself) in a collector's edition. I would rather get a good functional racquet at a cheaper price.

Reactions: mrzz

racketbuzz

Reactions
@britbox - I move around a lot in Europe with my work, home bases in UK and France, but not at home that much. And a 2 or 3 times a year I spend a few weeks in the US.
@GameSetAndMatch - yes, a few other people have made the same point. They know how I play and I think they're telling me it would be a waste! I might buy one and not use it and also buy a cheaper racket to play with.

Ross Wilson

A Tennis Coach
Reactions
Website
tennishold.com
If you ask me as a professional tennis coach, my answer would be yes, you should get it if you are really serious about your game. This Babolat Pure Aero Decima racket has a good headsize of 100 sq.in. and 16 x 19 string pattern. Its strung weight is equally great which is about 11 oz. With its swing weight of 316 and flex of 66, you can really feel a big difference while serving different tennis shots. I recommend you take a look at the following video for more detailed review.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Playing Tennis 0
T Playing Tennis 2