• Wild Card

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions
Early talk and early pick!
I promise we won't haunt you if you pick wrong, you can change your mind later...I do all the time!

This is a fun Poll!
For this poll I am listing 10 choices, the top 9 and a bonus, I will make this poll private so no one can see who you voted for. Vote without consequence! Vote for your favorite. You can even pick more than one! Not exactly a scientific poll.
:)

Who do you want to win?

Give me them votes.

ozza

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Kiu said:
Early talk and early pick!
I promise we won't haunt you if you pick wrong, you can change your mind later...I do all the time!

This is a fun Poll!
For this poll I am listing 10 choices, the top 9 and a bonus, I will make this poll private so no one can see who you voted for. Vote without consequence! Vote for your favorite. You can even pick more than one! Not exactly a scientific poll.
:)

Who do you want to win?

Give me them votes.

I can vote Vika then :D.

Tbh a positive would be if she even plays which seems far from definite.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I dont think we will see Vika back until the grass season myself.

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions
I voted JJ myself, she is playing good enough...

Now, you all didn't think Serena would do Rome, so I don't believe no more!
Vika will play!

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I think only realistic contenders are Serena, JJ, Simona and Masha. I will pick one of them
later (perhaps on June 7th).

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Simona needs a decent draw to be a contendor at RG for me this year
Simona has shown a proneness to injury of late,thats a bit worrying.She had to withdraw with a Ab injury in Rome.

sk310

Masters Champion
Reactions
I think it's pretty much the same people we saw dominate through the clay season. Serena I think is only going to prone to upset early. I wonder about her injury and quite frankly I think she's content with her clay performance last year.

I think Simona has proved super consistent. I see her in the semis but I would really love to see a breakthrough by her.

Maria still seems to be fairly confident on clay which does her a lot of good.

I voted for Na but I only did so because I think she shows up for slams in a big way.

The real wild card here is Ivanovic. It seems she's finally got her confidence back on the surface where her greatest triumphs occurred. A lot depends on her draw but I would love to see her make the semis.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I think the wild card is where Maria will fall in the draw, and is Vika playing the French. If Vika doesn't play, then everyone gets a bump in seeding which could help some people avoid a Serena or Maria earlier than they want. The problem for Maria is since her seeding will be lower than it usually is she will have to go through more potential speed bumps like say an Ivanovic, Li and Serena to win the title which could prove quite the challenge. Potential Serena or Li quarterfinals.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
^ I second your thoughts regarding the draw

In Rome it was soo lop sided in the top half of the draw

Hopefully at Roland Garos will we get a more balanced draw.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
sk310 said:
I think it's pretty much the same people we saw dominate through the clay season. Serena I think is only going to prone to upset early. I wonder about her injury and quite frankly I think she's content with her clay performance last year.

I think Simona has proved super consistent. I see her in the semis but I would really love to see a breakthrough by her.

Maria still seems to be fairly confident on clay which does her a lot of good.

I voted for Na but I only did so because I think she shows up for slams in a big way.

The real wild card here is Ivanovic. It seems she's finally got her confidence back on the surface where her greatest triumphs occurred. A lot depends on her draw but I would love to see her make the semis.

I agree Ivanovic and I would add Halep are the dark horses of this tournament otherwise it will be Serena or Maria hoisting this trophy. I expect Serena to be on point. Maybe show some nerves here and there as defending champion, but winning Rome again is what she needed for her game heading into the French. Her tennis has been much more focused since her return in Madrid minus that random hiccup in set 2 against Ivanovic where her level really tanked with that serve.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Even if Vika does play RG she wont have any clay preparation.

Serena is still the player to beat at Roland Garos...hopefully she can win her 18th GS title

Other players in the mix for me....Sharapova,Li,Ivanovic.

Halep is still a question mark for me.As I stated earlier,she has shown proneness to injury of late,thats a bit worrying.She picked up a Ab injury in Rome and had to withdraw.

These are just my initial thoughts.Of course the draw will be a important factor.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
fashionista said:

Serena is still the player to beat at Roland Garos...hopefully she can win her 18th GS title

Halep is still a question mark for me.As I stated earlier,she has shown proneness to injury of late,thats a bit worrying.She picked up a Ab injury in Rome and had to withdraw.

These are just my initial thoughts.Of course the draw will be a important factor.

Li has been too flaky for me as of late I would even dare say put Ivanovic before Li. I think Li can win it, but she needs to really focus on getting her game right.

That is why I am saying Vika would only do it to get match play and try to not lose all her RG points so as not to take a big dip in the rankings. She will want to avoid Serena, Maria even Li early in these events.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Sundaymorningguy said:
fashionista said:

Li has been too flaky for me as of late I would even dare say put Ivanovic before Li. I think she can win it, but she needs to really focus on getting her game right.

Li tends to play better in GS tournaments..I agree with your thoughts at this stage I would put Ivanovic before Li,with Ivanovic I still feel she has to play the bigger points better,at times she lacks focus,something she cant afford to do in Big matches.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Another point with Ivanovic if her 1st serve isnt working she cant dictate with her fhand

We saw in the s/final with Serena in that 1st set her 1st serve percentage was very low.To her credit she picked it up in the 2nd set...also she relies on her coach too much.In GS it is all up to you.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I actually really want Serena to play the mixed doubles at Roland Garros. All she needs is the mixed doubles title in Australia and Paris to own the complete boxed set.