WTA News snippets

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Mauresmo 's leaving Fed Cup, she's pregnant (birth scheduled in april 2017) congrats to her

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Kvitova out because a burglar, junky supposedly attacked her in her house and injured her left arm. It was over 160 Euro.

Reactions: Mary and Tennis Fan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just some updated news from WTA Insider.....regarding the attack on Petra Kvitova in her apartment.

Petra has undergone surgery for 3 hours and 45 minutes.Considering the extent of the damage,the surgery went very well.Doctors repaired damage to tendons in all five digits of the left hand as well as two nerves.Petra will wear a cast on her hand for 6-8 weeks and will be unable to bear weight for 3 months.Petra still recovering from a foot fracture had to withdraw from the Hopman Cup in 2017.

Tennis Fan

Major Winner
Reactions
Kvitova out because a burglar, junky supposedly attacked her in her house and injured her left arm. It was over 160 Euro.

How horrible! Thanks for sharing. I haven't seen anything on this at all.

Tennis Fan

Major Winner
Reactions
Just some updated news from WTA Insider.....regarding the attack on Petra Kvitova in her apartment.

Petra has undergone surgery for 3 hours and 45 minutes.Considering the extent of the damage,the surgery went very well.Doctors repaired damage to tendons in all five digits of the left hand as well as two nerves.Petra will wear a cast on her hand for 6-8 weeks and will be unable to bear weight for 3 months.Petra still recovering from a foot fracture had to withdraw from the Hopman Cup in 2017.

Wow! No words. Praying for a speedy recovery for Petra. Thanks for the update.

Reactions: Mary

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Grim news. I hope she comes back from it OK.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Madison Keys underwent minor arthrosopic surgery on her left wrist and will not be ready to compete at the AO in 2017.
Keys has rehired Lindsay Davenport as her coach and has been training with Lindsay for a few weeks.Keys parted with Tomas Hogstedt as her coach at the end of the WTA season in 2016.

Reactions: Moxie and britbox

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Ana Ivanovic is announcing an announcement:

"My dear fans & supporters. Pls tune in to my Facebook page tomorrow at 6pm UK time, where I'll be sharing something important with you live."

I guess Schweini impregnated her. :good:

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Ana calls a career ? it seems so....

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm sorry to see Ana go, as I liked her game, when she was playing well. But 13 years and a Major is a good career.

In other news, as @MargaretMcAleer pointed out, Hogstedt and Keys parted ways, and Bouchard has reunited with him as coach. I hope she can get her tennis back on track with Tomas. This is an interesting article on their repairing of the relationship:

https://www.thestar.com/sports/tenn...hard-making-peace-with-coach-and-herself.html

Hogstedt is a very experienced WTA coach,he took Madison Keys to the Top Ten in 2016.Frankly I was surprised Madison parted with him.I think the media really hyped Bouchard and she didnt live up to expectations in ways.I am not a fan,her game really needs help,especially her fhand,technically it is weak shot.I am surprised her former coaches have not corrected it.It will be interesting to see if she can get back on track with Hogstedt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm not sure why Madison dropped Hogstedt, either. She's had good results this year. As for Bouchard, I've been sad to see her go the way of pretty girls with decent tennis: she was the next-bit-thing for Canadian women's tennis, and she was blonde and beautiful. Myriad fashion distractions, and her tennis goes off the rails. Pfft. Her FH may need work, but she's got ambition. If she can focus it on her tennis, and not on the otherwise circus, I think she's got game. I'm hoping she recommits to tennis.