What's your ring entrance tune?

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
OK, bit of fun... we all see boxers coming into ring entrance music to gee them up... Not just boxers actually... UFC and even darts are at it.

So if you had to pick a ring entrance tune, what would it be?

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
My choice is a shortlist of 3:

Hardcore Rave Music: Beltram: The Omen

Dance Music: Rozalla: "Are you ready to fly"

Cheesy: Frankie Goes to Hollywood "Two tribes". Video is a cold war parody, but the music is great on it's own.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Frankie Goes to Hollywood gets my vote.

How about this one:

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
That's a great thread. Being a big boxing and MMA fan, I've actually given this some thought before.

I would be one of those fighters that walk in to a different walkout tune every time, but it has to be chosen based on the situation. So if I'm embroiled in a heated rivalry with the guy I'm fighting I'll walk out to Dexter's blood theme:

Quite menacing and impactful. Either that or "The Rains of Castamere." Game of Thrones fans will get it:

If I'm challenging for the title, then this is a no-brainer:

If it's just any fight, I'd still want something intimidating so I gotta go with this:

And if I ever happen to break my "only instrumental walk out tunes" gimmick then I'll just go with Simple Man by Lynyrd Skynyrd:

So as you can see, I've got my imaginary career as a prize fighter all figured out.

Reactions: Billie

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Pretty low key tunes though Broken... I'm guessing you're sending a "Business like performance coming up" message rather than getting the crowd all excited. Kind of "hairs standing up on the back of the neck" tunes rather than getting the crowd into a frenzy.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Pretty low key tunes though Broken... I'm guessing you're sending a "Business like performance coming up" message rather than getting the crowd all excited. Kind of "hairs standing up on the back of the neck" tunes rather than getting the crowd into a frenzy.

It's funny you should mention that. That was always what really gave me chills during walkouts: low, ominous tunes that imply "shit just got real" (or something less outdated than that phrase), as opposed to a loud, energetic tune.

Reactions: britbox

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It's funny you should mention that. That was always what really gave me chills during walkouts: low, ominous tunes that imply "shit just got real" (or something less outdated than that phrase), as opposed to a loud, energetic tune.

I get it... always remember the Tyson/Spinks fight... Iron Mike came in dressed in plain black trunks, plain black footwear to a really low key but ominous backdrop tune....

It was an annihilation.

Reactions: brokenshoelace

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I used to like Nigel Benn's ring entrances... used to start with the chimes of Big Ben (Famous London clock) to set the scene and then an upbeat dance tune.

^ I was at the above fight, used to follow Benn.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
you can't have a serious discussion about ring entrances without mentioning Naseem Hamed!

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Haye/Bellew ring entrances. Bellew's is the theme to "Z Cars", the anthem for Everton Football Club. Even as a Liverpool fan, it gave me goosebumps... I used to watch Bellew when he was coming through with my father in law back in Liverpool. Made up he won he fight... Haye was a 1/8 favourite going in.

N

Nekro

This is Erdei Zsolt's ring entrance tune "Szállj el kismadár", his nickname was "Bird" and the song is about a bird. He is my fave champ, he defended his light heavyweight title many times and also won one category higher when the corrupt Universum Promotion wanted to replace him with a German guy so they set up a match with the 10kg heavier Fragomeni for him!!! But he won that match too :D

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I followed Eubank quite a bit back in the day and this was his signature entrance (Tina Turner, "The Best")

Eubank rocks up a couple of minutes into the video. I didn't go to the fight but remember watching it when pretty hammered in a Preston night club.

N

Nekro

OK, bit of fun... we all see boxers coming into ring entrance music to gee them up... Not just boxers actually... UFC and even darts are at it.

So if you had to pick a ring entrance tune, what would it be?
Monsters of Rock from Judas Priest would be a cool ring entrance tune...